Happy Opening Day!

Jeff

On 4/7/2022 at 3:01 PM, Jeff said:

Who's your team? 

Eat 'em up Tigers...eat 'em up!

I moved to Atlanta the year the Braves made their amazing "worst to first" run in 1991. Watching Ted Turner falling asleep during games, haha. And when Chipper Jones was the new kid, then Freddie. Back to defend, but I'm always sentimental for that ragtag 91 squad with gimpy Sid Bream and scrappy Otis Nixon halfway going over the back wall for that legendary catch in the playoffs!

That said, I have a soft spot for the Indians and the Tigers too because of good friends and past lives out of the SE US. Let's play ball!

On 4/7/2022 at 3:15 PM, lefty o said:

maybe tomorrow here. i dont follow anymore, but the twins just had to have an open stadium. its currently raining, and snowing.🤪

I have plants coming from MI that were delayed because their delivery of heat packs was late. Easy to forget down here in 66f GA that winter isn't over for you folks yet! The Braves are on their 3rd stadium since I became a fan 🙃

• Like 1

I went to junior high with Ken Griffey Jr in Cincinnati in the 1980s so I’m pretty attached to the Mariners. We’ve had bad luck since 2001, but I expect good things in the future. First home game is 4/16 against Houston. 

On 4/7/2022 at 12:15 PM, lefty o said:

maybe tomorrow here. i dont follow anymore, but the twins just had to have an open stadium. its currently raining, and snowing.🤪

I just heard that they might call the opener against the Mariners. Crazy 😆

On 4/7/2022 at 3:49 PM, Jeff said:

@Patrick_G that's awesome. Do you have any pics with him?

I wish I did. I didn’t even keep the yearbooks. I just have memories of him having new sneakers just about every month from his dads sponsor and his dad picking him up in some serious cars. If only I knew he was going to grow up to be Ken Griffey Jr. 

• Like 1

I've been an Astros fan for decades, through thick and thin.  They gave Shohei Ohtani his first loss of the year last night, though I didn't see all of the game.  They were playing at the Angels stadium, so the game didn't start until around 9:00 pm my time.  It didn't end until long after my bed time.