New Betta flashing, gray marks, not eating

Coraline22002

I just brought this beta home two days ago. He came with the marks on his back and head. He is flashing and not eating and swimming erratically. I dosed  with API general cure. I don't think it's Ich because the spots are gray not white, it is not spreading and some are like lines and not dots. I've done tons of research and all I can come up with is possibly epistylis. Could it just be scars from thrashing around?  
he is not eating. He put a pellet in his mouth and spit it out and now is totally ignoring food.   The pellets are quality. I also tried flakes and nothing. 
All my water parameters are within range. I have a moderately planted tank. 

If I'm honest, I'm wondering whether to take him back to the store.Thank you!

EC635C2A-4DB7-4F36-9F54-83CF61B9C90F.png

69B9936C-D5E6-4966-990C-F3E61AAE6199.jpeg

On 4/4/2022 at 7:28 AM, Fish Folk said:

I have not seen white stringy poop. My water parameters are ammonia zero, nitrates five, nitrate zero, pH 7.8, KH 180, GH 70, temperature 78. 
I think I will do the full API general cure treatment and then a water change and see if he starts eating. I have had him two days and he has not eaten

On 4/5/2022 at 12:39 PM, Coraline22002 said:

I forgot to say that he did have rapid breathing yesterday. I have not seen him really today. He hangs out at the bottom and then comes to the top until he sees me and then he goes and hides againI forgot to say that he did have rapid breathing yesterday. I have not seen him really today. He hangs out at the bottom and then comes to the top until he sees me and then he goes and hides again

I don't think that Epistylis he's how you tell I would keep treating with general cure it can take 2-3 courses of treatment 2 weeks apart  after your first course of general cure I do a course of kanaplex in food that will cover all base and add an extra air stone

Screenshot_20210915-195657~3.png

Screenshot_20210806-030958~2.png

On 4/6/2022 at 12:45 AM, Coraline22002 said:

Darth Vader actually ate two pellets tonight and built a huge bubble nest today. This makes me happy and a bit relieved. 

B0205E7E-2E08-4CCE-9DE2-95BB472D3FBF.jpeg

That a good sign that he's started to eat