Breeding in a 5.5gal?

Silhouette

I have some furcata rainbowfish and neon blue eyed rainbowfish in a larger community tank with some other species as well, so needless to say even if they do eventually breed in the tank there's lots of things that can/will eat the eggs. I'm going to be getting a 5.5gal tank from a friend soon, so I was curious if I could put some of either species in the tank temporarily to try and breed them, then move them back into the larger tank again after they hopefully spawn? Or is 5.5gal just too small for them to feel comfortable spawning in? I'm not someone that wants to breed fish seriously, it's more just something experimental I was thinking of trying so thought I'd see if it was even a plausible idea or not.

I agree with @Scapexghost, they do well with spawning mops. Usually shortly after lights go on the males will jostle with each other females will follow them into the mop and they do the deed. Feeding some brine shrimp, tubifex, and some frozen foods like daphnia or mosquito larvae will get them in the mood. I was able to get my luminatus to breed in a mop. I didn't have my act together to do anything with the eggs and fry so it was all for naught, Would like to try again after my current projects. 

• Like 1