Water acclamation for fish

Josh333

On 4/3/2022 at 7:03 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

For just about everything yeah. For shrimp I use a cup and a hang on box and add water for a little bit to better give them a slower acclimation.

Oh yeah definitely I drip acclimate my shrimp

• Like 2

Plop and drop through a net for most. Shrimp, snails, and fish that I feel are not looking well or are know to be sensitive; rummynose tetra, German blue rams, pea puffers, cardinal tetra few examples. I place them in a specimen container 1/2-ish with their water and every 10-ish minutes I give a squirt from a turkey baster of tank water. Do this till I’m comfortable it’s enough then plop and drop. Never using any of the shipping water.

• Like 1

Plop and drop between my tanks (old ferrero rocher container being my go to transport tool between tanks), and drip acclimate anything new. Gives the critters a nice slow introduction to my specific ph/gh/kh and I get a half hour to relax, so win-win 😁

• Like 1

I plop and drop between tanks, but anything new to my water gets the drip accumulation. I have a clear 12 quart food storage bin from a restaurant supply company as my vessel. It lets watch as fish adapt to my water. I use this time look for signs of disease or any other signs of distress.

• Like 2