Popeye in Ember Tetra?

Silhouette

Got this ember tetra yesterday from a LFS that I've only ever gotten healthy fish from before. It came to me like this so it's nothing to do with my water parameters/care. It's slightly anemic in colour as you can see, and looks swollen with slightly bulging eyes. Sorry the pictures are so bad, it tends to mostly stay in one place so couldn't get a good pic from the front but you can see in two of the pics how its eyes are slightly bulging. It tries to stay in one place but can still swim around and it ate quite a lot this morning.

Just looking to see if 1) this is popeye and 2) what I can do to help it WITHOUT MEDS. I'm in Canada so medication is out of the picture. From what I read, clean water and good food is probably my best options for this little guy. I'm not sure if it's infectious enough that I should move it to a quarantine tank? I don't have one currently set up so honestly I feel this tank would be better for good water quality (overfiltered, heavily planted, tannins in water) but obviously if it's infectious I would move the tetra. Some people mentioned epsom salt? Which would then obviously require a separate tank too.

Thanks for any help!

PXL_20220403_202908162.MP.jpg

PXL_20220403_202913727.MP.jpg

PXL_20220403_202956548.MP.jpg

It's difficult to tell off your pictures if it's eye swollen if It is then i would do Epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes twice a day for a couple of days it will help to reduce the swelling 

On 4/3/2022 at 2:56 PM, Colu said:

It's difficult to tell off your pictures if it's eye swollen if It is then i would do Epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes twice a day for a couple of days it will help to reduce the swelling 

Yeah I'm sorry for the bad images. They do look slightly bulged out from the body compared to the other ember tetras, which are all streamline with the body. I'll definitely try that, thank you! No need to quarantine it completely then?

On 4/4/2022 at 5:39 AM, Silhouette said:

No need to quarantine it completely then?

If you can Qarantine  then you can add a high level of Aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 1 gallon to his tank and would still do the once a day as your in Canada and your treatment options are limited that the most effective treatment you can do thing's like melafix and primafix won't do much they are more like a mild antiseptic treatment