Sick BN pleco

JessLynne7

It could be that he's rubbed the scales on the back of his head what I would do it stop the medication and do daily water changes and add a double dose prime or fritz complete  till you get your cycle restarted as the ammonia and nitirte spikes will stress him and effect his health @JessLynne7

On 4/15/2022 at 9:50 AM, Colu said:

It could be that he's rubbed the scales on the back of his head what I would do it stop the medication and do daily water changes and add a double dose prime or fritz complete  till you get your cycle restarted as the ammonia and nitirte spikes will stress him and effect his health @JessLynne7

I did finally get ammonia and nitrite to 0 and nitrate is 20 should have mentioned that earlier.

I will continue on with the water changes.

It was hard to get it in a picture because he’s all white but he does have a white Saddleback

On 4/15/2022 at 2:58 PM, JessLynne7 said:

I did finally get ammonia and nitrite to 0 and nitrate is 20 should have mentioned that earlier.

I will continue on with the water changes.

It was hard to get it in a picture because he’s all white but he does have a white Saddleback

It's difficult to tell off your pictures you can get bent spine's from high levels of nitrates if you got a spike and missed it I think reqular water changes and some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties you need one leaf per gallon to get a beneficial effect if you notice any pineconing of the scales and bloating then I would repeat the kanaplex in food and use metroplex to treat the water column at the same time and add some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons that helps with any possible fluid buildup only treat if you notice those symptoms

On 4/15/2022 at 11:15 AM, Colu said:

It's difficult to tell off your pictures you can get bent spine's from high levels of nitrates if you got a spike and missed it I think reqular water changes and some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties you need one leaf per gallon to get a beneficial effect if you notice any pineconing of the scales and bloating then I would repeat the kanaplex in food and use metroplex to treat the water column at the same time and add some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons that helps with any possible fluid buildup only treat if you notice those symptoms

Thank you for the advice 

now that the water is stable again. I can keep a close eye and medicate if needed. No pine cones or bloat but definitely missing some scales and he’s hard to get pics of bc of the white and sheen to his colors