How long before Kuhli Loaches start eating?

Phinny

Hello all,

I brought 3 kuhli loaches home two days ago and put them into a 10 gallon quarantine tank. It's a bare bottom tank with a few small pieces of cholla wood. I dropped in half an algae wafer after dark the past 2 evenings but they have gone uneaten. I've been gravel vacuuming the disintegrated wafers the morning after.  Should I be concerned that they're not eating? Any advice on how to proceed? Try different food? Do nothing and wait? TIA.

Mine also waits until the wafer has softened. I use the hikari sinking wafers. A little more fat and protein than the algae wafers. My kuhli and corys will eat those together, although sometimes the kuhli will wait til the corys are done. So i just leave the wafers in til they get eaten. As for algae wafers, i use those for my otos but my kuhli and corys will eat them too after the other wafers have been gobbled up. But thats generally only after the algae wafer has been in there a while and got real squishy. 

Remember the squiggly bois don't have the mouth structure of other bigger loaches they seem to prefer food thats tiny or easy to break apart. The only caveat is that mine is a black kuhli and i've read they're more outgoing than other kuhlis and more likely to eat out in the open