Dumbo ear betta pectoral fins

Karen B.

Greetings!

So I was showing these pictures of my Gandalf in his « don’t you dare take a picture of me grumpy mode » and someone on the french betta FB group said his fins were damaged…?

I don’t see any tearing, yes they aren’t perfectly round and equal but I don’t think they are damaged? Anyone could help me?

B1993F3E-8CED-4E7D-8DA1-2C6FBAC26FE2.jpeg.98d8c615d40be4eb073f5cff17b2f36c.jpegCA8C0D8A-31AF-41A7-B340-05A7BE0FB520.jpeg.b98cb62dfec8d70afac71746fe5de132.jpeg

• Love 2

dumbo bettas and dumbo fish in general have a higher probability of scrapping up their pectoral fins. The fins are much longer and larger, thus prone to damage. I dont think they they are damaged in a life threatening way, but like you said, they're just not perfectly round. 

also he is very gorgeous :0

Edited by Keeg

I don't see any fin rot or current damage. The webbing between the blades is even and healthy. It looks like there might have been some damage in the past, but everything right now looks healthy. Watch for white edges (will be hard to see on Gandalf) and ragged edges, rather than the even web between the blades, or blades that are ragged.