Greetings from South Africa

DeviatorZa

Good day everyone. 

I started this hobby January this year. Needless to say with certain regulations I ended up having an hour or two extra per day due to not having to commute. I started with Guppies, they made more Guppies as they do. I was instantly hooked. Before too long I had 5 fish tanks (one of which has full C02). Still getting used to trimming the Monte carlo (it looks better now than on that photo) without uprooting it.  

So far my Albino Cories and Japan Blue x Wildtype endlers have been breeding regularly as well. I'm really enjoying this journey so far. Nice to meet you all.

comm.jpeg

endler.jpg

growout.jpg

planted.jpeg

lowtech.jpg

Edited by DeviatorZa
  • Like 1

Welcome to the fourm!

Nice looking tanks there. I am sorta following in your footsteps a bit. I just came back to the hobby about 3 months ago after decades away from it and started with a tank of guppies too and now I have 5 tanks as well, but only three with fish in them... so far. 

I'm really enjoying the planted tanks too. When I had tanks before, the only real plant I ever saw was hornwort, so it's nice to add that whole other level to the tanks. I haven't gotten into C02 yet though and don't think i will till maybe next summer.

Do you have access to some decent local fish stores in South Africa? 

14 minutes ago, Rikostan said:

Welcome to the fourm!

Nice looking tanks there. I am sorta following in your footsteps a bit. I just came back to the hobby about 3 months ago after decades away from it and started with a tank of guppies too and now I have 5 tanks as well, but only three with fish in them... so far. 

I'm really enjoying the planted tanks too. When I had tanks before, the only real plant I ever saw was hornwort, so it's nice to add that whole other level to the tanks. I haven't gotten into C02 yet though and don't think i will till maybe next summer.

Do you have access to some decent local fish stores in South Africa? 

Thanks,

We have some really fantastic ones in South Africa. There's a dedicated following as well as Facebook groups. Some of the stores are even ADA partners and are really into aquascaping. Nothing on the level of what you get in the US in terms of quantity of types of fish, but enough to go around I guess.

• Like 1