Salt with Ancistrus?

Aquanut

Dear fellow forum members,

I have a dilemma, i want to use treatment level 1 salt in my tank as one of the guppies has a tiny bit of fungus but have an ancistrus in there. I have read conflicting information about using salt with ancistrus so thought i’d reach out to you all for help.

I do have a hospital tank i could use for the guppy but would rather treat the tank in case any of the others are affected.

Can  i use salt at treatment level 1 with my ancistrus or will it harm him?

Thanks in advance for your help x

I have yet to encounter a problem treating catfish (including BN plecos) with salt. I'm currently treating my boy for a scrape on his head at 1TBS/2gal because it got infected. I'd start at the level 1 dose and then modify it based on the symptoms/how the tank reacts. If you're on a time crunch I'd recommend Ich-X and possibly Maracyn for secondary infections instead if they're available where you live.

Thanks for the help. Good to know 2 folks have been successful with salt with the Ancistrus. Neither of those products are available here in the UK, lucky for me my daughter is in Kansas & ships them over 😄 i have treated the same successfully before with esher 2000 but salt is better rather than using meds to start off with.

Just waiting & hoping for Cory to ship to the UK, there are so may co op products i would love to buy! Hint hint Cory! Lol.