Cory's "One Tank at a Time" and my own "homely" tanks

PineSong

On a recent Cory and Dean video, they said the fish room at Corey's has 69 tanks and tubs and Cory was disappointed that they aren't all looking great, so he's hoping to improve them one tank at a time. i'm eager to see what they do!

I could empathize because I have only 7 tanks and I am not at all impressed by how 4 of them look. My 10g fry grow out/red shrimp tank, my 10g ginga sulphureus tank, my 10g betta tank and my 5g guppy trio tank have lots of random guppy grass and plant clippings, but don't look like much.

I'm going to try to improve them one at a time, starting with the ginga tank this weekend. 

Anybody else feeling like sprucing up their established but so-so tanks?

• Like 3

Hi, absolutely I want to. I've been exhausted from life/school stuff this week, so heading into the weekend I'm DEFINITELY jumping on the chance to relax a bit while working with my tanks.

Planning on focusing in completely finishing set up on a 10g I'm working on (I didn't get to add all the plants I wanted to when setting up originally). If I have time I might try working on my 5.5 with scraping algae, fixing the path that runs through it (the substrates never stay separated, and it is the bane of my existence lol), and maybe pulling a few plants from my 2.5 to sell for a bit of store credit. 

Im not super happy with how any of my tanks atm, except the 5.5 gallon. I need a new light for my 10 and i hate the hardscape in my 20. My 29 is the closest to looking good but my lfs's plant selection has been really weak lately. I could probably throw a $100 at them and get them looking pretty good but I'm transfering universities next semester so i wouldn't really be able to appreaciate them before i leave. 

I try to keep 1-2 that really look pleasing to me. Then one day I’ll realize all my tanks plants etc look in need of TLC. I’ll spruce them and the cycle repeats. Occasionally (rarely) I’ll get them where I love them all. That’s when I end up doing major changes.  I enjoy always having project tanks and when they all look pleasing to me I get itchy to start changing for something to do. 

On 3/25/2022 at 9:52 PM, PineSong said:

On a recent Cory and Dean video, they said the fish room at Corey's has 69 tanks and tubs and Cory was disappointed that they aren't all looking great, so he's hoping to improve them one tank at a time. i'm eager to see what they do!

I could empathize because I have only 7 tanks and I am not at all impressed by how 4 of them look. My 10g fry grow out/red shrimp tank, my 10g ginga sulphureus tank, my 10g betta tank and my 5g guppy trio tank have lots of random guppy grass and plant clippings, but don't look like much.

I'm going to try to improve them one at a time, starting with the ginga tank this weekend. 

Anybody else feeling like sprucing up their established but so-so tanks?

I have four tanks.  3 I try and keep in “show quality”, one I kinda let go.  For the three tanks, I do a little maintenance once a week, with the water change.  It’s part of enjoying the tank.  The 4th tank I use as a growout tank, and let it go jungle before spending too much time on it.  

of course I stagger the water changes, through the week.  

I have 7 tanks and now and then I'll get the bug in me to rescape one for whatever reason; just focus on giving that one a makeover until I'm happy with it. I try to keep them all looking nice, since they're in the house where everyone can see, but one is currently a disaster and I can't wait to make it pretty again.