Fish are high schoolers too

Cinnebuns

I can relate to one of my female panda cories tonight. Near 90% of the spawning in my tank is done by female 1. All the boys want her!  Tonight she was not interested but female 2 was ready for action. I literally watched as 3 males chased female 1 who was not having it, while female 2 chased the 3 males like "hey guys!  I'm ready!"  So many flash backs to not being the popular girl in high school and not getting the boys lol. Female 2 did spawn tonight but she had to work harder to get that male attention!

• Haha 6

I think nothing can compare in my experience with being upfront as male guppies. My male guppy has done the thing I've heard a lot where he tries to breed with a fish, not his species, 2x bigger than him. But what was really entertaining is when he tried to breed with the new female I was floating through the bag. 

• Haha 2

On 3/24/2022 at 11:48 PM, Cinnebuns said:

I can relate to one of my female panda cories tonight. Near 90% of the spawning in my tank is done by female 1. All the boys want her!  Tonight she was not interested but female 2 was ready for action. I literally watched as 3 males chased female 1 who was not having it, while female 2 chased the 3 males like "hey guys!  I'm ready!"  So many flash backs to not being the popular girl in high school and not getting the boys lol. Female 2 did spawn tonight but she had to work harder to get that male attention!

.deleted  

Edited by Wrencher_Scott

On 3/25/2022 at 11:44 AM, Wrencher_Scott said:

So all the boys wanted you in high school? Good for you. lol  

You missed the point.  Same paragraph she said this:

On 3/25/2022 at 1:48 AM, Cinnebuns said:

So many flash backs to not being the popular girl in high school and not getting the boys lol.

This is the part I identify with.  I didn’t like high school between being too shy and being bullied because I was a nerd while trying to be an athlete and I wasn’t a conformist, so it pretty much sucked.  I was never “in” with any group and girls, especially, can be cruel.  I’m well past the age where that garbage matters to me, but we aren’t cruel here and @Wrencher_Scott your comment could easily be taken the wrong way.  So please, do clarify exactly what you mean by this comment?

On 3/25/2022 at 10:17 AM, Odd Duck said:

You missed the point.  Same paragraph she said this:

This is the part I identify with.  I didn’t like high school between being too shy and being bullied because I was a nerd while trying to be an athlete and I wasn’t a conformist, so it pretty much sucked.  I was never “in” with any group and girls, especially, can be cruel.  I’m well past the age where that garbage matters to me, but we aren’t cruel here and @Wrencher_Scott your comment could easily be taken the wrong way.  So please, do clarify exactly what you mean by this comment?

I meant  nothing but a joke. Usually when someone puts "lol" after a comment it means it's a joke (as far as I know) I'll just delete it. 

I was not "popular" either, so there's that...

Edited by Wrencher_Scott
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 2:54 PM, Wrencher_Scott said:

I meant  nothing but a joke. Usually when someone puts "lol" after a comment it means it's a joke (as far as I know) I'll just delete it. 

I was not "popular" either, so there's that...

It came off wrong and I wasn’t even the target of your comment.  The worst bullies I’ve ever seen are high school girls and their worst ridicule is always aimed at other girls.  Because of that, many girls are far more likely to be sensitive to bullying and ridicule.  I was always the girl that stood up for others which is just part of why I was never “in”.  I even had to go to the principle over standing up to a teacher that was a bully and a crusty old codger of a mean girl, but she was only mean to certain girls in any given class.  The boys could sleep through class, fail tests, and yet mysteriously still pass.  🤦🏻‍♀️ 

Lol doesn’t always work to negate a cutting remark.  I appreciate you deleting it.  I would ask you to maybe be a little more delicate in the “no true emotion conveyed” world of computer interaction.