Khuli Loach

AveryJames

I love watching my Kuhli loach swim up and down in their little bubbles. Other than buying an Aqueon 15 gal tower kit that's over 250 for an aquarium "kit" that has nothing usefully in it. I am wondering if anyone knows how I can make the bubbles go around the the base of the tank almost live horizontal tube running around the inside of the tank a so can swim in bubbles that are more than just normal tank dimensions. Come on Cory you are supposed to be the guru of the tank world help my little lochie swim until they get tired and nap, I hope you actually read these because my experience unless you are doing pod casts you forgot about the wee people.

Just in case my some outside chance you do read these I have a question I bought a special 12w x 36l x9h and want yo make a Pygmy Cory Catfish tank and thinking of 3 of each. I's a 12 gallon tank so how may different species in this tank? I hear Cory's have a small bioload like the loach's do. OK sir here is your chance to prove me wrong and I look forward to hearing from you,

@AveryJames, if you search for "aquarium bubble wand" and "aquarium flexible bubble wand" you might find some items you can use to get bubbles most of the way around the bottom of your tank. I have used bubble wands in the past with goldfish and found that they did a good job.

Regarding what kinds of corydoras and how many you can keep in your 12 gallon, there are lots of experienced corydora keepers here, so even if Cory himself does not read or reply, you can get great recommendations from other people with years of experience 🙂 

I've not kept cories myself so will leave that up to the experts. You might want to make a new post with a title that lets people know you're looking for recommendations about cories, since this one only mentions khuli loaches.

I'm a little unclear about your corydora question--are you loooking at 3 pygmy corys and 3 Kulhli loaches?  Or are you looking at 3 each of the tiny varieties of corys (3 pygmy, 3 habrosus, 3 hastatus, etc.)?  In a 12 gallon with those dimensions, I think you'd be good anywhere in the range of a total combined population of 10-15 pygmy corys and Kuhlis.  They do have very small bioloads in general.  Both fish tend to like somewhat larger groups, so I'd probably look at getting at least 6 of each.  

• Like 1

I really like those 12 gallon long tanks. I agree with @KaitieG, you should be able to fit 15 with no problems. I’d probably do a scape with limited hardscape and plants that allow lots of swimming space on the bottom. Maybe a diagonal piece of wood with Anubis and then a few crypts here and there.