Aquascaping

Bunninose83

So, I had this beautiful bridge built out of these dragon tooth rocks and the glue I used has failed after less than a year... 😞😟πŸ˜₯

Thought maybe a forum on just scaping ideas would be nice.

As my babies are still living in here, wondering on ideas for a better glue. I orginally used an underwater reef glue. Bear in mind gluing heavy, hard rocks together; not plants to a rock. And of course needs to be cure safe.Β  If I have to take thr rocks out and let them dry to glue, not a big deal for this tank.

One of the tricks I learnt from one of my German aquascaper buddies is to bond larger rocks, or branches together by usingΒ  raw regular natural unrefined cotton filters for cigarettes as a medium for the superglue to place in between the objects you want to bond. You can buy these online in packs of 200 mostly, apply a little superglue where you want to place them, place them on the spot with the initial glue and then soak them and attach, and hold the piece you want to bond until they are solidly bonded. However, make sure you have everything exactly where you want it because if you use 4, or 5 of these you likely won't be able to get it apart again unless you use brute force and probably break something in the process. I hope this helps.Β 

• Like 1