How many tanks do you have and what inhabits those tanks?

Flynn Naysmith

5 gal: 1 plakat betta and some pink ramshorns. Possibly some mutt neocaridina shrimp (I spot one now and then).

5 gal portrait: 1 pea puffer, malaysian trumpet snails

5 gal portrait: pink ramshorn snails and malaysian trumpet snails

20 long: bloody mary neocaridina shrimp, golden cobra endler/guppies, gold/chestnut mystery snails, pink ramshorns, malaysian trumpet snails

29 gal: 1 male(?) electric blue acara and a small colony of humpback limia

40 breeder: 1 female (?) featherfin catfish and some blue wag platies, 2 nerite snails, a million malaysian trumpet snails

Edit: And a male red bristlenose. I can't believe I forgot to list Scruffy!

75 gal: 1 female blood parrot cichlid, 1 wild type male senegal bichir, 1 albino male senegal bichir, 1 male(?) ctenopoma, some pink ramshorns, malaysian trumpet snails, a nerite or two.

Edited by H.K.Luterman
  • Like 4

i found this very interesting seeing everyones stock list. Not very many tanks over 40G.

I have 20 active and 1 empty

-1G 3 endlers 

-1G 2 guppies

-2 2G totes blackworms

-3G bowl 3 guppies 

-3G 1 endler(M) 1 guppy (F) 6 fry

-5G 9 chili rasbora 

-10G 6 white cloud minnows 

-10G QT running but empty 

-20G 2 German blue rams 

-20G 6 green blood tetra, 10 ember tetra, 30-ish cherry shrimp, 1 Hulk

-20G 3 pea puffer, 2 lamp eye tetra 

-20G snail grow out (not very many)

-29G 4 guppies 2/2 10+fry

-55G 2 angelfish, 2 blue dwarf gourami, 20-ish Mickey Mouse platties, 1 bristlenose 

-55G plant grow out 3 guppies 1M 2F 10-ish fry, 2 bristlenose, 40-ish cherry shrimp 

-60G 1 venustus, 1 albino dragonblood , 1 pictus catfish, 1 bristlenose 

-60G 6 electric blue acara

-75G 1 oscar, 2 bristlenose 

-125G 25 rummynose, 25 cardinal, 6 glowlight tetras, 6 SnP corydora, 8 peppered corydora, 4 bristlenose, 2 German blue rams, 4 otos, 300+ cherry shrimp 

Most all my tanks have pest/ pond snails.

• Like 3

55 gallon tall "The Nursery/Child Support Tank" - 1 adult male platy and all of his offspring (aka the "swarm", can't count them just yet), albino corys, bristlenose pleco, 1 adult ramshorn snail and three babies, and one mystery snail

55 gallon long "The Girls"- 3 adult female platys, 9 juvenile female platys from the nursery, three mystery snails, 3 of my ramshorn snail's babies, and a random bladder snail that came with one of the mystery snails (bonus snail!) I need to grab a bristlenose and some corys at some point

5 gallon - 1 male double tail betta, two nerite snails 

Next on my list is another 5 gallon(if I can convince my husband lol), I really want to get a singular pea puffer, I love them so much 🥰

• Like 2

Have 6, 3 with fish and one currently cycling. 

130 litre - 2 gourami, 11 cardinal tetra, 11 black phantom tetra, 10 panda corydora's, 6 otocinclus, armano shrimp, assassin and bladder snails. 

130 litre - currently cycling planning on doing species only rummy nose tetra (is a no filter tank so unsure of what number I'll be stocking level) 

70 litre - 1 betta, 14 glowlight tetra, 2 skunk corydora's, 2 golden seiames algae eaters, armano shrimp, bladder snails. 

27 litre - 20 chili rasbora, 8 pygmy corydora's, blue dream and cherry shrimp, bladder snails. 

130 & 70 litre currently empty. 

• Like 1

These kind of posts always cause me to wonder if I need to either get therapy to help with my addiction, or just figure out how to retire to have more time for all these tanks 🙂

I have 12 if you count my seasonal blue tote/tub, and the goldfish pond.

all my tanks have Ramshorns and bladder snails

75 gallon community tank with White Clouds, mutt Guppies, Kubotai Rasboras, Otos, Celestial Pearl Danios all my Neo culls and some Amanos along with a healthy population of Ramshorns and bladder snails.

55 gallon with Emperor Tetras, Glowlight Danios, female Dwarf Gourami, Red Neos, Otos, and some Nerite and bladder snails.

55 gallon with Congo Tetras, Mutt Guppies, Laser Cories, Otos, Neo culls, Ramshorn and bladder snails.

20 long with Chili Rasboras, and yellow Neo colony.

10 gallon quarantine waiting for a new batch of Celestial Pearl Danios (destined for the 75), my green Neo experiment, as well as Ramshorns and bladder snails.

10 gallon quarantine with Panda Cories (destined for the 75), and mutt Guppies.

10 gallon with mutt Guppies and Blue neos.

10 gallon with guppy fry, red Neos , and Nerites.

3.5 waiting on orange Neos, 2 guppy fry to keep bioload.

2 gallon jar waiting on shrimp

Seriously plotting a couple of tractor supply livestock troughs for ponds... wonder if the wife will notice a few new holes in the yard? I don't have a problem, I can quit anytime...

• Like 3

On 3/22/2022 at 8:16 AM, AndreaW said:

My dream fish! I had some years ago but hadn't seen them in a long time. However, I found one the other day and it took everything I had not to bring it home. Sadly, I don't have a setup that could support it but would love to do a 75G down the road and have that as the centerpiece.

I got it at my lfs. It wasn't what i went in there to buy but it was the only won they had and i have never seen them carry one before. I haven't seen another since. That was about 9 months ago. 

I've been lucky with her. I hear they can be hard to feed but she eats everything i give her. Never had any issues even with my hard water and some potentailly aggressive tank mates.

When i first got her i was so nervious because i have never kept such a rare fish. I would wake up in thr middle of the night to check on her. Still the first fish i check on in the morning.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 2:18 AM, Scapexghost said:

I got it at my lfs. It wasn't what i went in there to buy but it was the only won they had and i have never seen them carry one before. I haven't seen another since. That was about 9 months ago. 

I've been lucky with her. I hear they can be hard to feed but she eats everything i give her. Never had any issues even with my hard water and some potentailly aggressive tank mates.

When i first got her i was so nervious because i have never kept such a rare fish. I would wake up in thr middle of the night to check on her. Still the first fish i check on in the morning.

Same when I had mine! I was able to get two of them and they were so unique I couldn't help but stare at them and worry all night. My husband always asked if they were dead because they looked like they were swimming upside-down.

I hope you haven't had the adventure of them them jumping out of the tank and flying across the room yet!

• Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 8:16 AM, AndreaW said:

Same when I had mine! I was able to get two of them and they were so unique I couldn't help but stare at them and worry all night. My husband always asked if they were dead because they looked like they were swimming upside-down.

I hope you haven't had the adventure of them them jumping out of the tank and flying across the room yet!

Unfortunately i have. I was catching out some platy fry when she got spooked by the net. Thankfully, she was fine, but I'll never get used to picking up flopping fish off the ground. I have i tight-fitting lid, but it is always nerve-racking when i have to put my hands in that tank.

• Like 2