Matchday Pitchside for NERMS

Fish Folk

Ugh! We won. 2-3. Brutal. Worse moments in our play were unforgivable. Levante pressed like a pack of rabbid hillbilly raccoons. Refereeing was awful, on both sides. Only saving lights were our subs. We’ll take the three points, but that felt like a 5-0 thrashing loss.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Sunday La Liga matchday. Barça plays home match against Mallorca at 3 PM ET. A win or a tie lifts us in to 2nd place in the League. Mallorca is sitting low in bottom half of the table just above the relegation zone. If we don't sort this team properly at home, there's going to be some very unhappy Cules in our house!

Pedri is injured. Hopefully we'll see Ansu Fati for some minutes this match. Our slippery little #10 has been injury-AWOL for so much this season. Old boys keeping up the backline. All this said . . . we have no good excuses. We are a top-tier team playing like a mid-table shambles last few matches. Game on!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Waking this thread up just to point out our ladies are playing as I type. 

England Vs USA 

So anyone watching?

Apparently the tickets for match sold out in less than 24 hours which is the fastest since the new Wembley stadium was built and this is a friendly.

The girls better be careful last time women's football become more popular than men's they got banned from playing. 

• Love 1

On 10/7/2022 at 3:24 PM, Flumpweesel said:

Waking this thread up just to point out our ladies are playing as I type. 

England Vs USA 

So anyone watching?

Apparently the tickets for match sold out in less than 24 hours which is the fastest since the new Wembley stadium was built and this is a friendly.

The girls better be careful last time women's football become more popular than men's they got banned from playing. 

Awesome! USA women are strong player, traditionally. Far better world ranking than our Men’s team.

Going to go watch now…

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 10:01 PM, Fish Folk said:

That stadium was lively! Nice to see so many fans. 

Apparently the tickets went on sale shapely after we won the Euros against Germany.

But yes a very enthusiastic crowd I really want women's football to continue to be taken seriously.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

We’re going to watch FIFA Women’s World Cup, USA vs. NED tonight at 9 pm ET. Anyone else watching?

I’ll cheer USA all the way, but my favorite player is Alexia from Spain. She sets up so many goals. Always assisting, OR making a golden pass-before-the-pass-before-the-goal. Attacking Midfielders are awesome! ️ 

• Like 1

I'm not watching.  They preempted Jeopardy to televise the match.😬

Futbol/Soccer is catching on here in Ohio as we now have two professional teams.

I'm not a real fan yet, but if given the choice I would gladly attend a soccer match before I would watch American football.

• Like 1