Plant deficiency

Guppysnail

On 3/19/2022 at 8:47 PM, Odd Duck said:

Are those new leaves or older leaves?  If older, they may just be aging out.  If new, someone else smarter than me will help.

I don’t know to be honest. I just noticed them today. I have some on another tank I have been watching that turned light lime green no darker veins just light lime and I don’t know why. I was looking last week at the rest of the tanks to see if any others had light lime green and this one did not and looked fine. I could have missed it but I was specifically checking each tank. So I have no clue. How UNhelpful is that 🤣

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2022 at 8:10 PM, Guppysnail said:

I don’t know to be honest. I just noticed them today. I have some on another tank I have been watching that turned light lime green no darker veins just light lime and I don’t know why. I was looking last week at the rest of the tanks to see if any others had light lime green and this one did not and looked fine. I could have missed it but I was specifically checking each tank. So I have no clue. How UNhelpful is that 🤣

Are they toward the base of the vine or near the tip?  If they’re near the base, I probably wouldn’t worry too much.  If near the tip, we need @Mmiller2001 or @HH Morant to chime in.  Or @Seattle_Aquarist.  Any of them are more qualified than I for plant deficiencies.

Edited by Odd Duck

Probably not helpful, but I saw several leaves turning that color on one of my pothos vines last week.  Couldn't figure out what was going on...until I realized I had knocked the root end out of the tank at the last water change, and turns out it doesn't grow very well in the air compared to in fish water!

• Haha 2

On 3/19/2022 at 10:10 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

Where they at the top of the plant or at the bottom?

Mid way on 2 stems with 4-5 leaves each. I can take a picture of the stem if it helps. @Odd Duck yeah it’s weird I’ve never seen this terrestrial or aquatic .  Lime green with matching lime green veins but no leaf damage I’ve seen just not lemon yellow uniformly.  (I still don’t know what causes the lime green though either )

edit add. 
here are the two stems I’m pointing to the spot each leaf came from. I took photos of the other pothos and bamboo from the tank as well as some new issues inside the tank I need to address. Normally I would pull things out and soak in fertz but I’m trying to learn in tank fertilizers so I want to use these opportunities vs just fixing them the way I normally do which is just a temporary fix. And I still do not want to use all in ones. Copper and nitrate are high in my source water. 

2DC64A35-5D58-4523-8150-CEF3BA55F821.jpeg

C8B0C559-A67E-437A-B59A-6E2E59A7302C.jpeg

961AC726-7233-40C3-839C-53BEE8BD0620.jpeg

03F4992A-8D14-4DF2-B03F-9925E6CA82B5.jpeg

F3C0CD8C-32FD-4EAD-BF83-D7269C1629AC.jpeg

E9AF977A-81C4-4C6D-8F7F-2B06328287CC.jpeg

A16D2F45-5536-4167-849D-8433D283906A.jpeg

Edited by Guppysnail

I'm not the greatest with terrestrial plants. That said, I'm pretty good with certain "medicinal" plants and if I saw this happening, I would check pH and make sure it was about 6.5. I'd look for any root damage or conditions that would cause root damage. If those parameters are okay, I would suspect a micro element deficiency, maybe manganese, zinc or Iron.

• Thanks 1

@Mmiller2001I actually looked at “medicinal” plant deficiency charts first as they are more detailed it seems.  Ph and roots are great and no different than my other tanks. Ach tank has different deficiencies though of course. My normal action being pull them and soak in fertz. Do you think I would be ok with one of GLA micro mixes?  Are they high in copper. My tap is .52 average and I have shrimp and snails. I recently purchased apt zero (no nitrogen no phosphate) that just says micro mix for my bladder snail tank if you think that would help I would be ok with trying it. This tank has only a few shrimp and no snails 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Guppysnail