Dr. Bassleer food

Phillip

Does anybody have any thoughts on Dr. Bassleer’s fish food?  There seems to be a lot of hype around it. I’ve tried it a couple times and the fish ate it just fine. I’m just wondering if it’s really good food or just hype??

Never heard of it before but just did some reading.  But quite frankly anybody that thinks they need to make up a new word to hype their food is going to be a bit questionable for me.  Nutricaments is not a real word.

The food may be just fine.  The probiotic he adds has very mixed results according to the studies I just read.  But it doesn’t appear likely to hurt the salmon fry used in the studies.  May, or may not help, they didn’t really prove definitively either way.  I wouldn’t pay top dollar for it but I’d probably feed it if somebody gave it to me to use.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2022 at 8:27 PM, Odd Duck said:

Never heard of it before but just did some reading.  But quite frankly anybody that thinks they need to make up a new word to hype their food is going to be a bit questionable for me.  Nutricaments is not a real word.

The food may be just fine.  The probiotic he adds has very mixed results according to the studies I just read.  But it doesn’t appear likely to hurt the salmon fry used in the studies.  May, or may not help, they didn’t really prove definitively either way.  I wouldn’t pay top dollar for it but I’d probably feed it if somebody gave it to me to use.

Thanks. I feel the same way about it. My gut told me it’s hype. 

• Like 1