Bladder Snails in Canister Filter - Suggestions please!

SunniSki

I have bladder snails that rode in on plants like 2-3 months ago... the little buggers got into my canister filter at some point and now they are multiplying quickly in my canister filter. (I want to get shrimp screens or something on the filter intakes to hopefully prevent anything else going in my filter) I have been doing my best job in cleaning the canister filter without destroying every bit of good bacteria in there that helps to keep my tank stable.  Any one else encounter this... what did you do.  I'm seriously considering scrapping everything in the canister filter and doing a hard reset.  I do have a sponge filter in my 75Gal so I'm hoping that would "save" my tank. 

Below is my temp fix to help shrimp and bladder snails from being sucked into my filter going forward.   (sorry the pic is turned but I didnt know it was going to do that until it was uploaded. 😞

IMG_9200.jpg

On 3/15/2022 at 10:16 AM, SunniSki said:

Below is my temp fix to help shrimp and bladder snails from being sucked into my filter going forward.

Good start, co-op sells sponge filters that work for that, I have several also put on hob intakes, works great.

If you edit your pictures, then your able to adjust then save for post. (Streetwise is a great tech guy for help with problems.)