Oscar’s fighting

Brentirwin

My Oscar’s been together for over a year and got along ok with some mild bumping but now they straight open mouth jaw locking fights going on is this normal? I moved them from a60 gallon to a130 gallon . My red Oscar pushes the fight with my tiger , that leave my other fish alone. I test my water to make sure they not stressed and all my numbers are good thank you

It sounds like breeding behavior to me. The males and females will often go jaw to jaw as part of the courting process. It could also be a territorial issue as they both want the same part of the new tank. Oscars typically settle down an behave themselves though.

Not sure what they are Xena ( red Oscar it’s the one being the aggressor) and shadow( tiger Oscar) being chilled. On side note my girlfriend named the fish while I was at work and she was not thrilled about me getting fish tanks now it’si better figure out wassup with the fish babies or else lol I hope just have a frisky Oscar thanks

E30A444A-E700-4276-B341-A598BD0C4DBD.jpeg

Edited by Brentirwin
Added

I think this a territorial issue. Mouth fightyis normally A form of a Aggression and not mating. If you see this as well . Oscars fish are ready to breed they usually flare their gills and fins to notify other mates. Oscars lay their eggs on large flat surfaces so when they are ready to breed they will start cleaning the surface that could be the surface of the stone in your tank with their mouth.  If it continues maybe move a few things around