What's your next tank?

AJE

What is the next tank you'll be setting up? Even if you aren't currently planning one, what is the next one you would set up right now? I'll be setting up a 16 gallon with either pea puffers(if I can find them) or a Betta, pygmy Corries and rcs.

I've been considering flex-sealing all the walls and floor our 1st floor guest bedroom. If I cut a hole in the ceiling above it, I should be able to feed through it while standing on the second floor and jump in to do maintenance. Should be about 5,000 gallons, filled. Gonna stock it with 15 arapaimas. 😉

In all seriousness, I set up a little 2 gal tank for buce and a few shrimp last month and I'm loving it. I think I might set up a few more mini tanks soon.  

• Haha 5

I'm in the middle of setting up a 55 with boesemani rainbows and some CPDs as well as mystery snails and shrimp.

I do have a 20 tall that is all set. I was just wondering what I should put in it. Not sure if I'll just use it for guppy culls or maybe get a a few pea puffers.

I think I might just hold off on it until next spring though. I still need to figure out what's going with the guppies in the 45 tall, if anything and I still need to finish off the 55, so I'll have plenty to look at and to keep me busy for awhile.

• Like 1

I currently have a 10 gallon “qt” tank that’s cycled with a few pond snails, and I have a 20 long in storage that’s begging to come out, get cleaned out, and be set back up. Now here’s where I could use some advice. At home I have 2 bristlenose, 3 pea puffers, and a few rummynose tetras that will be coming back here at the beginning of next year. THEYRE together in a 10 right now (I know, not the best but I had to work with what I had at the time). I’m wanting to put them back in the 20 long together. Now here’s the fun part. What else could I add to the 20 long that I can get now and quarantine in the 10. I’m thinking maybe 3 more pea puffers while my LFS has them, but then again the ones I have get along so well, it just so happened to be a trio of 2 females and a male, and I’m not sure it’s worth risking making them more aggressive. 

Currently I have a 55 with a clouded archer and 6 roselines.  I have absolutely fallen in love with the archer and want to add a couple more so I hoping for a 125 for Christmas this year.   I dream of a riparium set up in this tank so the archers can hunt more naturally.   I want to fill the tank about halfway and have lots of plants growing up and out of the water. 

• Like 1

I will be moving out 6 ten gallon tanks to make room for three 20 longs.  I am trying to get more serious with breeding operations and have found that all 10 gallon tanks has limited me in some aspects.  I am starting to play more with Victorian cichlids and want the "extra space" of a 20 long.  

Heavily planted 20 gallon long, with Eco Complete for substrate, a couple COOP sponge filters with no clog air stones. Now if only I can decide on what to stock it with ..... that's my hardest decision. I have time though since it's gonna be a first of the year project. 

In September I ordered a clear 10-gal plastic tub to use as a quarantine tank (saw the coop's YT video on that)  But since the tub was backordered, I bought a 5-gal mini-bow kit to use as a q-tank. Once I get the tub in and buy a filter, etc., I might turn that mini-bow into a second shrimp tank.

I really don't have space for any tank at the moment, but when my housing situation improves I have been thinking about getting one of those bookshelve type long tanks that Aqua tanks make. 

I can't get Aqua tanks here in Spain, BUT there is a guy close by that makes tanks on order at a fair price. So I am thinking about something like that, maybe a 16 gallon long and low one and stock it with Cory's. Or Tetra's.

I am not really quite sure yet. Where my 20 gallon is now is a cubby that is 24 inches deep and 52 inches wide. I am going to build a cabinet for it about 30 inches tall. On it I was thinking of either a 40 gallon breeder set up for shell dwellers, a series of nano tanks, or making a custom tank that fits the spot. I just worry about the weight over time with a custom set up. 800 lbs+ is a lot of weight for a second level floor.