Recommended quarantine trio application

Mahi27

Hi all, I am seeking some guidance on the instructions in this article: https://www.aquariumcoop.com/blogs/aquarium/how-to-treat-sick-aquarium-fish.

It says NOT to follow the manufacturer's instructions but to add one dose of each med and just let the fish soak in it for a week. Then the article just kind of wraps up without saying what else to do. This is extremely confusing for me as most other sources say to quarantine for at least two weeks, and Cory himself regularly mentions re-dosing with parasite meds a little while after the first round. So, can anyone please help me understand the recommended regimen for the Quarantine Trio?

For context, I am almost done cycling a 20gal long and want to get some fish soon so I can start stocking as soon as the parameters are right :) This is my first indoor tank but I have owned a 750gal pond for like 6 years now. 

Thank you so much in advance for the help.

I think it depends on how the fish are doing after the week. Personally I treat according to Cory's dosing for a week and check to see how the fish are doing at the end of that week. If they seem healthy and nothing looks suspicious I will add the fish to my tank. If the fish seem off and something looks not quite right I will do another round of meds. That could be wrong but that's what I have done for my fish and I haven't had any problems. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mouseturd pretty much hit the nail on the head (love the name btw lol) the one other part to clarify is that redosing a couple weeks later is for the possibility of any eggs etc. internally from previous parasites that hopefully got cleansed on the first round. I personally don't add fish to my tanks for about 4 weeks to see how they are after medicating.

• Thanks 1