Trouble with Anubias

I have two cichlid tanks that have been setup with plants for about 6 months and I can’t get my Anubias and Java fern to thrive. I have three other tanks that are doing awesome but these two are not. My water parameters are 78 degrees, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 40 ppm nitrates, 7.6 PH, KH 4 deg. GH 8 deg. I also dose easy green once a week. I get a lot of brown diatoms on the leaves and rocks. I am also getting holes in the Anubias leaves. Any suggestions as to what I do to get these plants thriving? I included pictures. That you for your help. 

2C8CCA1C-D96F-4B6F-AFF1-53AAAF53130E.jpeg

EAFF9FAD-5DFB-45D2-8E2D-14B5C581F978.jpeg

Hi @Adam W

I've answered this questions several times on this forum.  There are several forum members that follow my posts, let's see if they can supply the answer (I added an arrow to provide a hint).  I'm guessing you are getting pretty slow growth?  BTW, nice African Rift tank! -Roy
2145080613_CAREAdamWCroppedArrow.jpg.3ec4af489f1d8ca0fa629598db966d13.jpg

Edited by Seattle_Aquarist

On 3/8/2022 at 4:34 PM, gjcarew said:

The pale leaf with darker veins plus the cupped edges make me think it could be a lack of magnesium. What are you using to get a GH of 8? Are you dosing Mg?

I am only dosing with easy green. The substrate is Carib sea eco complete cichlid sand in one tank and eco complete plant substrate in the other. Both have canister filters without carbon but I did put crushed coral in both.