Dumb question about MagFloat cleaning surface...

So I got a MagFloat cleaner with some other miscellaneous stuff from CL. One the outside-of-the-glass surface looks like felt or something, like every other magnetic cleaner, but the other side looks like the hook side of velcro. Is there supposed to be a pad that velcros on or something? Or is that just what the business end side looks like? I can't tell from online images cuz the two halves are always clamped together or it just looks plain black.

On 3/4/2022 at 5:49 PM, Corbidorbidoodle said:

So I got a MagFloat cleaner with some other miscellaneous stuff from CL. One the outside-of-the-glass surface looks like felt or something, like every other magnetic cleaner, but the other side looks like the hook side of velcro. Is there supposed to be a pad that velcros on or something? Or is that just what the business end side looks like? I can't tell from online images cuz the two halves are always clamped together or it just looks plain black.

That hook side is what provides the gentle persuasion to remove the algae that is adhering to the inside of the glass.

On 3/4/2022 at 5:49 PM, Corbidorbidoodle said:

One the outside-of-the-glass surface looks like felt or something, like every other magnetic cleaner, but the other side looks like the hook side of velcro.

Velcro on the inside, felt on the outside like the others said.  I found that over time, the felt side on mine is starting to come loose around the edges.  A thin piece of cloth, microfiber, paper towel, etc.  between the felt and the glass will prevent this and make using the Mag Float a lot smoother