Dwarf Panda Guppy Ulcer ID?

modified lung

Anyone seen something like this on a guppy before? I got a group of these dwarf panda guppies in a trade with a local kid.

I think they were fed cheap food because one of the males came bloated and has a hard time swimming but otherwise looks healthy and responsive. I've been feeding mostly daphnia, blanched peas, and a few algae wafers.

Yesterday I came home to find this young female laying diagonal on the tank bottom with a couple ulcers and some fin rot on her tail. She died a couple hours later.

No other fish have any symptoms so far. When it comes to fish disease, unless it's related to water quality, I have no idea. Columnaris maybe? But would Columnaris cause an ulcer like this?

IMG_20220303_165737623.jpg.9054ed7d13faaeb1f7116cb08ee702f0.jpg

Also, if anyone knows any legit guppy care resources let me know.

Temp: mid-low 70s

pH 7.5

KH 4-5, GH 9

Nitrogen: 0 or near

• Sad 1

Sorry for your fish loss. Always a bummer.

I’ve seen growths s bit like that before on other fish, but not guppies.

Sounds like you’re taking excellent care. Best success for me is typically with the generations of fish born _in my water_.

It could be bacterial I would Qarantine if you haven't already any of the guppies that have come into contact with this fish I would recommend treating with maracyn2 active ingredient is minocycline 

• Thanks 1