Pregnant?

Lee Pedersen1

On 3/4/2022 at 8:21 PM, Lee Pedersen1 said:

@lefty o thanks! I am fairly certain the guppy is pregnant, but what about the other ones, any thougths? Also, I am just recently finish up a bought of Ick, could the Ick effect the fry after they are born in this tank?

if you have treated the ick, or are treating when they are born, they should be fine. your white molly is very likely pregnant, and so are the others. livebearers dont mess around, they could give mice and rabbits lessons.

• Love 1

What @lefty o said.

I have a guppy that is on brood 5 without a male present. Hoping this is the last of her stored wares. I love babies, but at the height of her production she was dropping 90+ fry every time. She's down to 30+ per drop now, but dang it's a lot of fish. I love them all the same though! My swordtails make lots of babies as well. Mom drops 60+ every time but usually only half of them survive in the community tank.

And yes, I would say that your guppy is pregnant, just two or three weeks into it. I would bet she drops fry late next week, or the following week. Depending on tank temp and her age.

Beautiful fish btw!

• Love 1