Treating Oscar's for Ich... Now they have fin rot

KennyMcLenny

Hello!

On Sunday I began treatment for my 2 Tiger Oscars for Ich. I used Ich-X and followed the instructions exactly. Monday I woke up and I saw way less Ich on them... however their fins started fading away. They were still very active and hungry. I changed water, added the Ich-X, and also added Maracyn. 

Today I woke up, Ich appears to be completely gone. Their fins didn't get too much worse, however it did not get better.

I just got done changing the water, and redosed with Ich-X just to be sure I get rid of all of it.

My question is, do I dose them with Maracyn again? Should I be doing Ich-X and Maracyn daily?

I'd appreciate any help!

On 3/1/2022 at 7:16 PM, Colu said:

Typically you want to with ick x for 3 days after you see the last spots you can dose maracyn daily with ick x it will be less effective as you have to do daily water changes with ick x and that will lower the concentration of maracyn @KennyMcLenny

Ok so you think I should just continue doing water changes and redose with ich-x and maracyn?

On 3/2/2022 at 1:13 AM, KennyMcLenny said:

Ok so you think I should just continue doing water changes and redose with ich-x and maracyn?

What I would do is keep dosing with ick x for 3 more days  I would add the maracyn to food he's how I dose maracyn in food I use 1 quarter of a packet of maracyn one table spoon of pellets one scoop of seachems focus 1 cap of garlic guard a few drops of water mix well feed twice a day for 7 days store any leftover medicated food in the fridge or you could keep dosing maracyn daily alongside ick x but it will be less effective