Community tank sickness

Fallenbrother09

How long has the tank been running?

Did you cycle it?

How big is it?

Are there plants in it?

Ammonia should be 0 (zero).

If all the fish were added at the same time and it had not been cycled an ammonia spike could have taken place. I think we need more details so we can help you.

The tank is 75/80 gallons, it's been going for at least 6 months. Only 2 plants in it. I'm pretty sure it's a zero for the ammonia. But the yellows look about the same on the api master kit.

This started sortly after I added two new corys to the tank. I didn't quarantine them beforehand since I've never had any issues from that pet store before. Thats why, I'm thinking it's some sort of disease.

I was guessing it being fungal due to the red parts. But i can do an ammonia  treatment and get some antibiotics in the morning. 

Did I miss anything? 

On 3/2/2022 at 12:34 AM, Fallenbrother09 said:

The tank is 75/80 gallons, it's been going for at least 6 months. Only 2 plants in it. I'm pretty sure it's a zero for the ammonia. But the yellows look about the same on the api master kit.

This started sortly after I added two new corys to the tank. I didn't quarantine them beforehand since I've never had any issues from that pet store before. Thats why, I'm thinking it's some sort of disease.

I was guessing it being fungal due to the red parts. But i can do an ammonia  treatment and get some antibiotics in the morning. 

Did I miss anything? 

If theirs no ammonia I would be learning towards Red blotch disease  best treatment is a broad spectrum antibiotic treatment like kanaplex or maracyn2 would treat with kanaplex in food

Screenshot_20210806-030958~2.png

Edited by Colu

On 3/2/2022 at 1:38 AM, Fallenbrother09 said:

Well thanks for the help. I'm going to have order those online since they aren't caried locally anywhere. Would E.M. Erythromycin or Melafix work until i get the others delivered? 

As you have it to hand i use E.M erythromycin melafix isn't a very effective medication   you can dose the tank but it's more effective in food he's how a dose  maracyn in food use 1 quarter of a packet of maracyn one table spoon of pellets one scoop of seachems focus 1 cap of garlic guard a few drops of water mix well feed twice a day for 7 days store any leftover medicated food in the fridge if your noticing no improvement after your first full course of maracyn then I would treat with kanaplex it's a more broad spectrum antibiotic treatment

Edited by Colu

On 3/1/2022 at 7:31 PM, quikv6 said:

I'm wondering why Nitrates are 0 in a tank that has been established 6 months. Perhaps there has been a bump in the cycle as the root cause of the illness?

I think this is an important point.  0/0/0 readings 🤔