Aquariumcoop air pump?

Leo2o915

How many nano filters can it run on the pump ? Wanted to use 4 nano sponges with my air pump on my 40 breeder community tank? Or would it work better with two regular size ones ? @Zenzo @Cory or anyone else do anything similar ? For that size tank or 20 long ?  Trying to switch most my community tanks to sponge filter seems easier to hide behind planes etc 

• Administrators
On 2/28/2022 at 11:40 AM, Leo2o915 said:

How many nano filters can it run on the pump ? Wanted to use 4 nano sponges with my air pump on my 40 breeder community tank? Or would it work better with two regular size ones ? @Zenzo @Cory or anyone else do anything similar ? For that size tank or 20 long ?  Trying to switch most my community tanks to sponge filter seems easier to hide behind planes etc 

Besides the number of filters, you have to consider how far the air has to travel, how much air each filter is getting (from the valve) and how deep into a tank. I have not tried 4, but three have been working fine (1 small and 2 nano sponge filters). 

So currently I am running 3 coop nano sponge filters in seperate 5 gallon tanks off one of the new airpumps (which is amazing btw and super quiet).  The airflow seems a bit to low so I am going to switch it out tonight to just be on 2. My tanks are stacked vertically on a bookshelf. I hope this helps you out.   

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 12:52 PM, Zenzo said:

Besides the number of filters, you have to consider how far the air has to travel, how much air each filter is getting (from the valve) and how deep into a tank. I have not tried 4, but three have been working fine (1 small and 2 nano sponge filters). 

Awesome will try that thank you 

On 2/28/2022 at 1:14 PM, Ben_RF said:

So currently I am running 3 coop nano sponge filters in seperate 5 gallon tanks off one of the new airpumps (which is amazing btw and super quiet).  The airflow seems a bit to low so I am going to switch it out tonight to just be on 2. My tanks are stacked vertically on a bookshelf. I hope this helps you out.   

What bookshelf do you have 

Bless my heart, I am not even sure in regards to the bookshelf.  Its an old bookshelf I inherited from my great grandmother.  The thing is large and sturdy made out of oak.  I am pretty sure its over 100 years old. 

Edited by Ben_RF
  • Like 1

I'm assuming you're referring to the regular-sized air pump, not the USB one.

I have two of them.

One runs the sponge filters for five 5.5 gallon tanks. (middle shelf)
The other one runs the filters for six 15 gallon cubes on my rack. (top & bottom shelves)
The pumps sit on the top shelf and hosing runs down like 6 ft max.
Most of the sponge filters are medium size, but the 5 gal tanks have some small and nano sizes mixed-in.

The pumps are new, so I can't say how long they'll last, but they're handling the load just fine.

tank-rack.jpg.fcbf3d0929469e56b1fb3271f925bb28.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 2:00 PM, sumplkrum said:

I'm assuming you're referring to the regular-sized air pump, not the USB one.

I have two of them.

One runs the sponge filters for five 5.5 gallon tanks. (middle shelf)
The other one runs the filters for six 15 gallon cubes on my rack. (top & bottom shelves)
The pumps sit on the top shelf and hosing runs down like 6 ft max.
Most of the sponge filters are medium size, but the 5 gal tanks have some small and nano sizes mixed-in.

The pumps are new, so I can't say how long they'll last, but they're handling the load just fine.

tank-rack.jpg.fcbf3d0929469e56b1fb3271f925bb28.jpg

Awesome set up

• Like 1