LIQUID FERTILIZER with WATER CHANGES or a few days after?

DjNEOda1

LIQUID FERTILIZER with WATER CHANGES or a few days after?

I was wondering if the water declorinator used during water changes effects the liquid fertilizer if I dose the same day as my water changes or should I dose the fertilizer a few days later.

I'm going to be starting to use an all in one liquid fertilizer and can't find much info on this topic. I also plan on only dosing once a week on this 55 gallon.

Thank you 

Easy Green works. I dose it right after doing water changes because water was removed ... and I will forget later.

Haven't had any issues and the plants grow fine.

The only thing I would add is:
If you have lots of plants you might want to double the dosage.
If you have few plants and algae issues, you might want to reduce the dosage or skip a week.

Edited by sumplkrum
  • Like 2

On 3/5/2022 at 11:23 AM, BAT said:

@Mmiller2001how do u use it? After water change? With fertilizer? how often?

I dose it 3 times a week to reach a weekly dose total. I want to dose .4ppm Fe a week and I dose 3 times a week. So I take .4/3=.13ppm Fe per dose. 

Flourish is a supplement and not a comprehensive all in one fertilizer, FYI.

I use it in conjunction with NO3, PO4 and K.

In relation to water changes, it does not matter when to put it in the tank. Just get it in there 😁.

Edited by Mmiller2001
  • Like 1

As far as water changing and fertilizer, i wait till the next day for the inhabitants to slowly adjust to new parameters. With that said, I am considering using a micro fertilizer on water change days and see if it has any benefits. 

As far as flourish, I have an old bottle (could it be too old?) laying around that I probably should use instead of tossing, now that I understand more about fertz. 

On 3/5/2022 at 11:49 AM, BAT said:

Yeh my understanding is that flourish is some kind of growth hormone. I guess is it necessary? And probably I shouldn’t use it if I don’t have enough nutrients right?

It's a source of trace elements with a weird amount of N P K. I think it was created for those with high fish loads that generated high amounts of N and P. It's a weird mix for sure. Just use it like a Micro Element mix.

• Thanks 1

I wait the day after water change and conditioner before adding the fertilizer 

I started with Easy Green and having a few issues and then tried Seachem fertilizers for 3-4 months  but was having the same issues  as before I switched back to Easy Green after i found out it was my water not my fertilizer causing my problems

I like better Easy Green and Easy Green Iron and Carbon. much easier and works better  Still trying to get my water balanced with the chemicals it has  but i know it is not the fertilizer‘s fault