Yet another post about my panda cory eggs/fry

Cinnebuns

Panda cory eggs/fry. A couple eggs have already hatched and some I just collected yesterday so have some time. Should I leave the mop in the fry tank so they have something to hide in to feel safe or take the eggs off and the mop out?  I'm short on live plants for hiding. My Java moss didn't work out too well. I have a small amount in there but it's all bundled up because it was flaking off and making a mess everywhere. I do have water lettuce I can grab from my main tank but that won't really help cory fry. I see it both ways on mop in or out. I literally can't see the fry at all with it in but if them hiding helps their stress level that might be better. Side note:  there is a tiny amount of gravel in there. I got out as much as I could.

20220228_012443.jpg

I just got my first panda fry so I’m no panda fry expert.  However the mop is riddled with beneficial bacteria. I would not remove it until they are large enough you are certain moving it will not damage any hidden fry. I would feed away from the mop and if it collect to much food debris etc then remove it. 

• Like 1