Automatic Feeders on Glasstop Tanks

Saltinthedesert

I have a few 29g Aqueon tanks with the folding glass lids. When I bought the EHEIM everyday feeder, I was surprised to see how far the feeding hole on the canister is from the clamp. I cut out a good sized square from the plastic section but I still haven’t figured out how to install it without getting flake food all over the place. Am I missing something?

Do people not use feeders on tanks with lids?

@Saltinthedesert yeah, I was looking at images of that feeder and most were being used without a lid. I did see a few with a 3d printed funnel thing, so at least you're not alone in your struggle. One image I saw had it setting on the light, but lights can get pretty hot. Could you place it on top of the lid, perpendicular to the tank, so that the over spray would be more likely to fall in the hole? I don't know how nice that would look or if it could even function like that. You could always just move it to open the lid if it was in the way. I don't know how often you have it dispensing, but the odds of you needing to open the lid when the feeder triggers might be low enough for that to work. It sucks when you have to buy a thing to make the thing you just bought work how you thought it should work.