Softened water/ seachem Equilibrium

Julia

Hi, my softened water is testing at

18 degrees KH

3 degrees GH

8.0-8.2 PH

the 20 gall has shrimp and plants and all are doing wonderfully and reproducing like crazy. Its a happy forest. 
the 40 gall has 2 one year old common goldfish ( someone w a pond will take them when they are bigger my kid won them at a fair with his grandma). In this tank simple vallisneria is at a standstill and algae is a bother. The crypt is covered in algae and the fish understandably constantly try to uproot it. I can accept their goldfishness. Both have been running for 6-12 months. 
i learned years ago to add kent marine calcium so that the shrimp could molt properly. 
Question is can I add seachem equilibrium to fix GH issue?

Unsoftened water would be 14 degrees KH and 23 degrees Gh. i can bypass the softened water but i would need to run a long hose and the water would be freezing and its would be like a 30 gallon ordeal and ugh. Just no. Please no. 
There must be a ton of people who had this issue so i thought ide finally ask.. 

leave it alone?

seachem equilibrium?

Thought?

Thanks for responding. And yes. Lol you have a good point. I just worry about the 40 which is a semi wasteland with stunted plants and algae. I forgot that i had purchase womdershells that i was gonna put in after i got the hardness test kit. So i put those in. I do tend to get bogged down in overthinking though so thank you for wake up call.