limiting bladder snail contamination with my rabbit snail.

BF McUmber

I have bladder snails in my quarantine tank so I can easily keep it cycled and get fish whenever. I was thinking I was only going to be getting fish... Well, today I bought a rabbit snail. I assume its in my best interest to put the snail through quarantine. With how slow he moves I assume bladder snails will get on his back. How to I make sure when I want to take him out of quarantine that I don't take the bladder snails with him? He is going into the one tank I don't really want bladder snails in. 

On 2/25/2022 at 7:30 PM, BF McUmber said:

I have bladder snails in my quarantine tank so I can easily keep it cycled and get fish whenever. I was thinking I was only going to be getting fish... Well, today I bought a rabbit snail. I assume its in my best interest to put the snail through quarantine. With how slow he moves I assume bladder snails will get on his back. How to I make sure when I want to take him out of quarantine that I don't take the bladder snails with him? He is going into the one tank I don't really want bladder snails in. 

Baby bladder snails are TINY like speck of dust tiny.  I have seen itty bitty ones that were bigger than new hatched but still way to small crawl out from under my mystery snails shell. One laid eggs right under the edge and in the outer shell.  It would be safe to qt him with just a cycled sponge in any container or tote though. I use totes with lids that I drill small holes in the lids and a hole for the airline for temporary snail tanks. Hope this helps. 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 2