Electric blue acaras with mollies?

Chewyrat77

I have a 125g tank with 50 mollies/platies/variatus, one bristlenose pleco and three mystery snails. After seeing electric blue acaras at the pet store today I've been researching if I can add maybe 5-7 of these over time to my tank. Haven't really seen a list mixing these fish but I did come across a video on YouTube where someone has electric blue acaras with mollies and platies. I believe the video was by multi tank addiction. Thoughts??

You won't have any problem with unwanted fry surviving. 

EBAs will find them all and eat them up. No prisoners.

I don't know of any reason you couldn't keep adults together. EBAs will be much bigger and will definitely boss the mollies around, so there would have to be enough mollies to spread the aggression around. But 50 sounds like enough.

How about some pictures of the tank?

Edited by HH Morant

On 2/25/2022 at 1:04 PM, HH Morant said:

You won't have any problem with unwanted fry surviving. 

EBAs will find them all and eat them up. No prisoners.

I don't know of any reason you couldn't keep adults together. EBAs will be much bigger and will definitely boss the mollies around, so there would have to be enough mollies to spread the aggression around. But 50 sounds like enough.

How about some pictures of the tank?

16458132789614270899908806487214.jpg

16458133076733797330609270262393.jpg

16458133302595150517284305826008.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/25/2022 at 1:50 PM, Colu said:

I think you will be fine you would be better off getting a young group of EBA and adding them all at the same time that should cut down on aggression instead of gradually add them 

Yeah. My only issue with that is my quarantine tank is only a 10g. And my local fish store has them at probably around 3 inch size and it seems like they only get around 3 or 4 at a time.