Setting Up a Fish Room.

Sharlotte Adams

The husband has decided to gift me his office space to set a up a fish room for most of my tanks. Any advice? Any must haves? The room is 14 ft x 13 ft. It’s gonna be a long few weeks I know 😂But I want to make sure we do this right. I already have the Linear Piston Air Pump from Aquarium Co-Op to run air supply to all the tanks, as most of the tanks will run on Sponge Filters.

• Like 1

And if not an auto-water change system, try to have nearby access to a water supply and drainage, close enough that you can use a python easily. 

If those aren't doable, then how much that matters really depends on how many tanks you have,  the bio-load in them, and how much you enjoy changing water.

If your room is mostly a place for planted display tanks, then an auto change system is more a convenience. If you plan to have a ton of packed grow out tanks for fry, then it starts leaning more toward becoming a necessity.

Edited by tolstoy21
  • Love 1

On 2/24/2022 at 1:27 PM, SkaleyAquatics said:

Automatic water changer is a must for me. I know when I setup my fishroom that will be the biggest priority. 

Most definitely. I have a drip system in place already for my Fry Set Up, which we will be upgrading, thankfully the room is right next to the water supply and he has a Plumber that will help in exchange for some of my Electric Blue Acara and Geophagus Juveniles. 

On 2/24/2022 at 1:41 PM, tolstoy21 said:

And if not an auto-water change system, try to have nearby access to a water supply and drainage, close enough that you can use a python easily. 

If those aren't doable, then how much that matters really depends on how many tanks you have,  the bio-load in them, and how much you enjoy changing water.

If your room is mostly a place for planted display tanks, then an auto change system is more a convenience. If you plan to have a ton of packed grow out tanks for fry, then it starts leaning more toward becoming a necessity.

As a stay at home Mom I don’t really mind the water changes. But we will definitely be setting up an Auto Water Change system. For now at least the the room is close not only to our drainage system but also water supply so a Python can be used if necessary.