Betta with possible fin rot?

Silvia

Sometimes torn fins or holes in the fins are caused by your Betta fairing his fins I would add some Indian almond leaves you need 1 leaf per gallon to get that benefial effects as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties and monitor if you notice the fins getting worse then you could add some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons if your have live plants salt at that level will harm them so you could do a salt bath 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for no more than 15 minutes 2-3 times a day 

Edited by Colu

Hi Bat, 

Can you tell me how your betta is doing and what you did?

Yes, mine started to get worst, with holes in his fins and a more lethargic behavior.

I'm treating him with Maracyn Two and higher temperature (from 77 to 80)
I see maybe some improvement.

It doesn't looks like fin rot but maybe it is.

betta.jpg

@Silvia that’s what happened with mine - first it was the classic black spots at the edges of the fins, then i start seeing black slots in the middle of the fins. Then the black spots became no fin.

things really turned around when i used kanaplex and added salt.  I started at 1 tbsp per 3 gallons and eventually got to 1 tbsp to 1 gallon. Then he really started to turn around.

i took him out of his planted tank and put him in a QT tank and put the heater up to 80F

Here is the thread