Corydora eggs are they fertile?

Guppysnail

Can someone help me. My panda Cory lay eggs all over the tank IN THE BACK🙄 where I can’t use a magnifying glass. I want to pull them if they are fertile to a breeder box. I’m not even certain what they are supposed to look like if they are fertile. The pic with 2 are everywhere the pic with 1 and an arrow is the only one I could find that looks like that. Thanks for your help. 

A15F4205-5AE0-4106-973B-CE641BF104F3.jpeg

5573F06C-4A66-43D4-9E6A-994E6119C388.jpeg

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Love 1

On 2/20/2022 at 4:11 PM, Fish Folk said:

White eggs are typically fungussed over, and often infertile. Brown / amber / yellow eggs are fertile.

I’d gently scrape them off with a credit card, and siphon or catch over to a specimen container to inspect.

I looked with a magnifying glass under water and didn’t see anything like egg fungus that I’m used to seeing on eggs. Are they supposed to be clearing. Mine are opaque and look yellow to me. I put a few in my fluval breeder turned on max. Thanks for your help you are awesome 

5435A4DD-FED3-49BB-A557-546FF1AE2D49.jpeg

A585C5C6-3C40-4FAB-8B6D-A9B97CF667E9.jpeg

F3691139-319A-4EE7-A6BA-A5D6384CA52A.jpeg

FADB11AC-68A4-4980-9EDA-A80F5C76ECCA.jpeg

• Love 2

Pull them! Looks potential! My son and I add 1/2 ml. of normal over the counter hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) to ward off fungus. Not right on top of eggs, just in the container. Also add an airstone (maybe you already have). I also add 1/4 Catappa leaf.

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Thanks 1

On 2/20/2022 at 5:01 PM, Fish Folk said:

Pull them! Looks potential! My son and I add 1/2 ml. of normal over the counter hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) to ward off fungus. Not right on top of eggs, just in the container. Also add an airstone (maybe you already have). I also add 1/4 Catappa leaf.

I already have 1/2 catappa leaf in. The fluval uses air to circulate tank water through the box back into the tank with a screen to prevent fry escape that I put pantyhose over. I’ll add more leaves to the tank and go a bit dark until these hatch (fingers crossed)  I’ll shut that off for 10 min and do the h2o2. Should I add another air stone? I usually have luck with in tank hatch but I’ve had eggs since end of January. My juv. BN pleco I watch goes egg to egg eating them. I went with a fluval breeder awhile ago for the tank water flow because I have never had luck with meth blue. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 3:59 PM, Guppysnail said:

I already have 1/2 catappa leaf in. The fluval uses air to circulate tank water through the box back into the tank with a screen to prevent fry escape that I put pantyhose over. I’ll add more leaves to the tank and go a bit dark until these hatch (fingers crossed)  I’ll shut that off for 10 min and do the h2o2. Should I add another air stone? I usually have luck with in tank hatch but I’ve had eggs since end of January. My juv. BN pleco I watch goes egg to egg eating them. I went with a fluval breeder awhile ago for the tank water flow because I have never had luck with meth blue. 

Your junior bnp has developed expensive tastes in escargot!

• Haha 3

On 2/20/2022 at 4:21 PM, Torrey said:

Your junior bnp has developed expensive tastes in escargot!

Apparently, I have talked so much about the endlers and their egg & snail diet, that either my brain, or my autocorrect switched caviar to escargot. 

I went and checked prices.

The caviar is **way** more expensive 🤣

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2022 at 8:07 PM, Torrey said:

Apparently, I have talked so much about the endlers and their egg & snail diet, that either my brain, or my autocorrect switched caviar to escargot. 

I went and checked prices.

The caviar is **way** more expensive 🤣

Your darling little Tulip is the one with the caviar tastes. Tulip also has been seen sucking down bladder snail gel egg sacs and itty bitty baby bladder snails so also escargot tastes as well 🙂 

On 2/20/2022 at 6:10 PM, Guppysnail said:

Your darling little Tulip is the one with the caviar tastes. Tulip also has been seen sucking down bladder snail gel egg sacs and itty bitty baby bladder snails so also escargot tastes as well 🙂 

ORD😍