How can I be better?

Lee Pedersen1

On 2/19/2022 at 12:51 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

@Colu where in the world did you find that? I even checked the jungle site they are...evasive. Most manufacturers if it's not blatant at least usually has a safety sheet you dan download.

A while a go I was looking up medication I just came a cross it anyone would think they don't want you to no what's in their products just screen shot of a video off back of box

Screenshot_20220219-013332~2.png

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would strongly suggest rehoming the loach. The clown loach will get huge and the other loach are much happier in schools of 5+. Find someone that knows what they are talking about and will treat the loach and just let them have them. That will also decrease their stress and make it easier for the disease to be treated.

• Sad 1

On 2/21/2022 at 3:26 PM, Lee Pedersen1 said:

Does ICk have a survival time out of water? Also, when do I put a filter back on the tank?

Aquarium co op has a how to ich video on YouTube that's super helpful. I would look at that and see if that answers your questions. It's a little easier to have them show exactly what they're doing then having someone explain. If you still have questions after that then the people on here are super helpful. 

Good luck with it! I hope everything clears out of your tank and you have no more issues with ich. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2022 at 2:01 PM, Lee Pedersen1 said:

I’ve ordered ICK-X on Amazon but it won’t be here for four days

If you order from Aquarium Coop it often comes in 2 days for me (I'm in Minnesota). I would bet if you called Candi in customer service and explained,  she could probably get it to you even faster.

Len, please don't get frustrated. I know it's so discouraging, but you will beat this. I lost a lot of fish during an ick "epidemic" many years ago. It was so frustrating, but you know what, I learned a lot from the experience. You are in the right place-this forum is a great source of really good information.  

Edited by dmurray407
  • Like 2

It may be helpful to get an in-tank thermometer, in addition to the outside sticker one. I have found those sticker ones to be pretty inaccurate. When you go to turn up the heat closer to the extremes, a few degrees off can really matter.

Also, go by the thermometer, and not by the heater dial.

• Like 1

Yes you could the ich will start to spread in between treatments as it going to be 3 days between treatments what I would do is keep treating with the jungal ick clear till Monday  do a large water change then switch over to ick x when it arrives

• Thanks 1

I think it would be prudent to continue treatment for just a few more days just to make sure the Ich does not come back. Either med would be fine. I just don't want you to see a reoccurance. I usually treat the tank for Ich at least 5-7 days after the last signs of it are gone- as long as nobody is showing major signs of stress. This has worked for me and it did not return (and has not returned to the tanks I've treated). This is what *I* would do. 

• Thanks 1

@xXInkedPhoenixX Here is my update. Lost three fish to Ick. No Ick present for a week now (switched to Ick-x) Combined my 10 and 5 gallon tanks. More plants for one tank and less stress on myself. Terribly small living space. My white Molly (father unknown) had her fry, they are 5 weeks on Friday. No babies lost yet either. My female guppy is very pregnant as well.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Lee, you’ve been through a hard spell. I’m glad you got to the other side. I’ve been there in the fight against ich and so burned out on it, ugh. It’s good to hear you have some fun babies— what color are your molly fry so far?

• Love 1