5 Gallon Community Options and thoughts

FrozenFins

Okay so now that my beloved pea puffer, I want to start thinking about the future plans for his tanks. Its the Fluval Spec 5 Gallon. I want this to be more of a community setup then a one spotlight species tank. 

Here are some of the options I was considering, let me know your thoughts:

1. Sparklining Gourami x3, Neocaridina Shrimp. Only problem is I'm not sure about mixing the two, I've found mixed reviews online. If I did this I would have an empty tank ready to take some shrimp need be.
  2. Betta Imbellis, Pygmy Corys or maybe another peacful nano fish. Thanks a lot @Fish Folk, my wallet may never recover from seeing your betta imbellis thread. They are expensive!
  3. Lampeye Killifish, Neocaridina Shrimp. I haven't fully thought this one through yet, its just something that floated through my mind.
  4. Ricefish. I've been wanting to do something with ricefish for a little while. I'm not sure if this is something I do in a aquarium, or if I do a indoor pond or something.

Any other options not listed you would suggest? I'm not sure I wanna do another betta after hugo passed. Betta Imbellis being an exception cuz they are a little different. 

Heres a picture of the tank. Currently it houses one Nerite snail. The snail can find a new home in one of my other tanks if need be.

20220215_175553.jpg.f120a244f20e44a2276b3ae3bccadf9c.jpg

• Love 1

Okay I've put together two other option. I dont think housing shrimp and gourami will be successful. So here are my other two options:

1. Sparkling Gourami, CPDs. I was thinking two gouramis, and maybe 5-6 CPDs. Would this be overstocked?
  2. Betta Imbellis, CPDs. Once again 5-6 CPDs.