Another Sooner Logging In

L.W. Wetarm

🙋‍♂️ Hello from Edmond Oklahoma.  Like a lot of people, it seems, I am getting back in aquariums and fish keeping. I started a long time ago in the old metal frame tank days("frameless" tanks were too new and fancy for us poor students) when I was in college and dropped out of the hobby in the 90's when two teenagers and a heavy work load took precedence. My main interests are bass fishing and boating and Sooner football and Thunder basketball...and now this. 

This past January, I inherited my daughter's 60 gallon tanks and whole 9 yards when she got too much going on. I decided to retire in March when the pandemic struck. The aquarium has been a good source of activity ever since. While quarantined, I cycled the tank and kept it cycled with Dr. Tims, with Amazon being my main source of supplies. Along the way I acquired some Vallisneria and some snails to help with the new tank Diatom bloom. Still no fish until late August when, after watching every fish profile on You Tube, I decided on starting a N. Brichardi colony. I ordered 8 juvies from a LFS in Norman and all but one or maybe two are doing great. I have also started a Winlove Java Fern that I got from the Co Op here and have another order of Java Fern and other stuff on it's way now. I look forward to getting to know everyone,  I have many questions that I am anxious to post..................So YEAH. 😃

• Like 2

Hi from another Sooner. I'm in West OKC. Not sure if you're aware of it, but there's a LFS in Edmond called AquariumsTFS that's local to you in case you don't want to drive to Norman, or if you need meds quickly. Welcome!