International Sales

MaxM

I live abroad and the Pet shops nearby don't have a wide selection of things and often what they do have is of inferior quality. Thus, certain items I might only be able to get online. Example: I went to at least 3 or 4 pet shops looking for a sponge filter. None of the stores had one (or even knew what I was talking about) other than one place that had ancient sponge filters of inferior quality (see attached pictures). 

I, therefore, need to shop online. Although I would LOVE to make "Aquarium Co-Op" my place to shop online, they unfortunately don't ship internationally as of yet. 😞

Does anyone have any suggestions for online shopping for people that live abroad? I have an Amazon account, but some items are either expensive or not available. 

Examples: Cory advises us to use a sponge filter with large pores. The only one I could find on Amazon is almost twice as much as Cory sells them for (and frankly I think theirs are of inferior quality to his). To ship a small sponge filter to me will call almost $24 after shipping! 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0855DSMB9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A2TK7JJDLK8CXM&psc=1

That is why I am turning to you guys for suggestions for online shopping that ships internationally.

IMG_20201012_214805.jpg

IMG_20201012_214825.jpg

2 minutes ago, gcalberto said:

There are some Chinese sites, like aliexpress, shopee and wish that sell cheap aquarium stuff and ship it worldwide. It's extremely cheap, but also takes very long to arrive 

Yes, I am aware of that. The problem is that I don't have the patience to wait 6+ weeks to receive an item. Thanks. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Aubrey said:

Just curious, where are you abroad? Are the stores you are going to private businesses or a chain? Did you buy the sponge filter in the photo? It looks like you could replace the sponge on it. 

I live in Israel. The sponge filter that I bought does not give the ability to use an air stone so the bubbles come out in blobs instead of tiny bubbles. The design of the plastic piece is very different then the ones today. In my opinion it's best off to replace the whole thing with a modern day version of a sponge filter.

3 minutes ago, Ben Ellison said:

Are you anywhere near that giant guppy farm in the desert that cory went too? Maybe if you told cory you wanted to import a pallet of em he might shit that amount 😆

The truth is I've been contemplating opening an American style Aquarium store here, but right now with the pandemic still being a serious issue here it's not the right time. Also, I'm not sure if financially the type of store I'd like to open would be profitable. My understanding is that even in America it's a humble income.

I believe it def can be. However, I feel there is a large difference between profitable and not so profitable stores. The things Cory offers are missing from most fish stores I have found. I have  7 local fish shops and 1 does a 3/4 legitimate quarantine of fish. Almost all have a very narrow selection of fish in stock and most aren't willing to order special items  or simply can't. I also find most of the good stores struggle to offer prices close to Amazon. I personally and willing to pay more for instantly getting my purchase but there are limits. 

12 hours ago, Ben Ellison said:

Are you anywhere near that giant guppy farm in the desert that Cory went too? 

That farm appears to be about 5 1/2 hour drive from where I live. 😞

It was awesome to see the video though. 🙂