WHAT IS YOUR BEST FISH FOOD

BETTA999

• Administrators

Dry: Xtreme Krill Flake - For me, this is an easy #1

Live: Baby brine shrimp - Easy to harvest, most fish will eat them, great for fry. 

Frozen: Bloodworms - Necessary for some fish that I keep, easy to distribute, almost all fish will eat them.

My fish love the Xtreme Krill Flakes as well. Bug Bites are also a favorite. I'm cooking up my first batch of baby brine shrimp right now-I just got some young nano-type fish (Celestial Pearl Danios and Emerald Rasboras). They are so small, I thought they might enjoy some baby brine shrimp. 

On 2/15/2022 at 11:26 AM, BETTA999 said:

I wanted to know what are your best

dry food 

live food 

frozen food

Xtreme Krill flakes, and BugBites

Mosquito larvae and other insect larvae that I just put out a water container for 

Krill, bbs, daphnia

I have yet to find a food my fish don't love. 

Bug Bites for the protein and sinking rate that lets the white clouds eat without having to fight off more assertive fish

Steamed veggies for otocinclus (and livebearers and snails)

Sera O Nip tabs for entertainment value

Dry food hikari are my favourite I feed a variety to my tetras and catfish good quality food live food I don't feed at the moment only have 3 tanks when I did I feed brine shrimp and Daphnia frozen foods blood worms and Cyclops brine shrimp and Daphnia

I use extreme krill flake a bunch of hikari and repashy products. I have found a few the ingredients looked great but my fish would not eat them. So my FISHES favorites usually end up in the rotation the most. Live BBS frozen bloodworms plankton mysis shrimp freeze dried tubifex cubes hikari are hands down my fishes favorite. Pleco repashy corydora orange bag sinking wafers and small carnivore wafers

Edited by Guppysnail

Depends on the species I’m feeding but hands down, the favorite of all foods among all my fish big enough to eat them (from little tetras up to adult Jack Dempseys and especially including my picky pea puffers) is whiteworms.  Favored even over blackworms but those are a very close second.  Live Daphnia are also a big hit.  Grindal worms for small tetras (adult pea puffers can barely be bothered with these but fry love them), microworms for anything about ember tetra or smaller.

Frozen favorite is bloodworms, then brine shrimp, then Daphnia.  Plecos love some frozen, thawed squash (assorted).

Dry is much more dependent on species but Xtreme Krill Flakes are a big hit, tubifex worms are good, but otherwise the fish that will eat dry aren’t that picky and I feed a variety of floating, sinking, different sized pellets for different species.

• Like 1