Fuzzy shrimp

Lizzyduff

Recently noticed this fuzzy growth in a few of my blue dream neocaridina. Vorticella? Or a fungus? Probably going to try a salt bath soon and see if that helps. I already keep a fair amount of Indian almond leaves in there since it's a blackwater-nano.

20220209_185139.jpg

20220209_185309.jpg

Edited by Lizzyduff

On 2/14/2022 at 2:38 PM, JettsPapa said:

I had something similar, and a salt bath didn't seem to help.  Maybe you will have better luck.  I had better results with API General Cure, but I'm not sure it's officially approved for invertebrates, so try at your own risk.

General cure is shrimp and snail safe 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Lizzyduff glad you got it cleared up! I literally JUST noticed my shrimp have the start of some fuzz after reading this thread, what timing 😅 I'm just curious, did you end up treating your whole tank with salt or did you remove the infected individuals for treatment? It looks like a lot of mine have it so I was considering treating the whole tank

• Like 1

I just did a salt dip using a little cup of salt water.  I was worried dosing the whole tank would upset the snails 🐌 the shrimp did not seem to particularly enjoy the salt bath process,  but it worked almost instantly so... shrugs.

Since it's probably still in the tank and the shrimp may re-infect themselves I'm also putting 10-drops per day of API Pimafix, to clear everything up since eventually these guys are going into the main tank and I need to be sure none of this stuff remains. 

• Like 1