To This Community Thank You

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone in this forum for all the advice and help. I am new to fish and planted aquarium keeping. When I was a kid my father was into goldfish and he set me up with an Angle Fish tank and I wanted live aquarium plants, desperately. Unfortunately we could never keep the plants or Angle Fish alive, it was disappointing to say the least. Eventually I migrated to reptiles and gave up on fish for the last 3 decades. I worked at a reptile sanctuary as a teenager then in my 20’s after the military I worked at a tiger sanctuary in Florida. I was always in love with animals. After I moved back to NY, marriage, and kids my youngest son wanted a fish tank. I thought to myself “here we go again”, but I fell in love all over again, but this time I wasn’t going to give up on keeping healthy fish & aquarium plants. Unlike 30 years ago information is everywhere, but still getting a balanced planted aquarium was not easy. Through struggle and trial and error I think I am starting to have success. Through this forum the help and information I have received is priceless and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone. Between 3 aquariums I have not lost a single fish in almost a year and my plants are growing & thriving. It is super rewarding to see my plants finally do so well! I am doing the research now on Angle fish for a center piece fish in my 50 gallon planted aquarium. 
To this community thank you so much for everything!  

1DE4297E-9F8E-4483-9FA7-5DA29AA2B441.jpeg

70067926-F83F-41F3-8A75-EDFA0F1759F6.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Love 4

@Kurt Brutting I agree this forum and members are wonderful and are the best  ,,,  and i appreciate the members very much  too,,I have had fish for a long time but not real plants ,,  never could have real plants  due to a pelco   i do not have that pelco anymore 

So 8-12 months ago i bought my first real plant  ,,  I killed a few plants on the way but with the help  from members here on the forum and the staff at ACoop  i am keeping most of my plants alive ,,, still trying to get  the whole tank balanced with no  algae

Edited by Bev C
  • Like 3

Kurt, I agree--the helpers here on the forum are the best! I had a couple years' experience with a planted tank a long time ago, but when I wanted to start one last summer I found this forum and my tanks now are head and shoulders above the one I had before. 

So glad for you that you found a way to have a do-over of that unhappy childhood experience. 

• Like 3

I never knew I’d be so passionate about plants in a fish tank, but I swear it’s therapeutic! When I started setting up our 1st aquarium for my son I started watching YouTube and Cory’s videos kept coming up. I owe my new found passion to The Co Op team. The online store & website, the community in this forum & the YouTube channels are all a big part of my success and why I enjoy this hobby so much!

• Like 1

@Kurt Bruttingkeep up the great work. I have no doubt your angelfish tank will be a success! As a dad I also appreciate your involvement of your son. I have tanks in my sons rooms that we work on together. To me it’s a special feeling to see them interact with nature and they Talk with people about their fish and plants making it all the better. Keep having fun! 

• Thanks 1