Please HELP! Sick Betta!

OurfFishBabies

@quikv6@BAT @Colujust giving you all an update. He is still kicking. He's just been hanging out at the top of the tank now, not much movement at all. Very lethargic, but does respond. He doesn't look that bad externally, but his stomach is swollen and still will not eat. I know I have heard they go can like 10 days or so without eating? I really hope this medicine starts to work!! Just wanted to tell you all thank you again for your help and kindness!

• Like 1

Just wanted y'all to know that he started eating today!! I guess the medicine is working, because it is like night and day! I honestly can't believe it. He was looking so bad for a few days, on his side gasping for air discoloration etc. Now he's swimming around and eating.

My question is this.. I have been doing about 25% water changes everyday. Because, it's been the one thing that I noticed makes him feel better. After I do the water change I add back in the medicine I took out. It says to only do 3 doses, but he's technically been getting Kanaplex everyday, because of the water changes. How much longer should I use the medicine? Or should I stop? I am also using aquarium salt and Betta leaves. 

Edited by OurfFishBabies
  • Love 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all!! Me again! Y'all, I'm losing my mind over here. Jr. Made it over the last hump. But, his fins never improved. As far as still being clamped and ragged on the end The other day, I noticed they were even worse. His tank has not cycled since he was so sick before. I know that this is a huge problem. But, when he was sick, the only thing that brought him back were water changes, and I did that one large water change, then 30% daily along with the Kanaplex and he improved! Since his last sickness, I did 50% weekly and he is currently in clean water daily with 100% water changes because of the Betta Revive and it's not cycled anyway. He is still eating and acting fairly normal, but I went to my local shop and showed them pics and the person who helped me, was not very helpful. And basically told me to not give him Kanaplex again (I had already started it that day, since it worked so well, but stopped) and to keep the water clean. So, I was left to figure something out on my own. I got "Betta revive" and he's been on that for 2 days, and now it's like his fins are shedding off! I am so concerned. He also has this string coming from his pectoral fins and has a little dot on his head. Which I think is a scale? Not positive. You can see it in the pictures. What should I do?? You all were so incredibly helpful last time, I'd appreciate any help! 

Ph- 7.0-.7.1 (almond leaves lower it so use seachem ph buffer I believe it's called, to make it higher)

Ammonia 0%

Nitrates 0%

Nitrites 0%

Using prime, stability, stress coat pH to make it higher and almond leaves

@quikv6 @Colu @BAT

IMG_20220316_193816.jpg

IMG_20220316_193810.jpg

IMG_20220316_193740.jpg

IMG_20220316_193749.jpg

IMG_20220316_193743.jpg

Betta revive is a herbal treatment and not very effective what I would do is another course and of kanaplex or maracyn2 as most cases of fin rot are caused by gram negative bacterial  I would do 25-50% daily water changes  depending are the level of ammonia or nitrites not a 100% daily water changes that will stall your cycle  and double dose prime to detoxify any ammonia or nitrites

Thank you @ColuI have been double dosing because of the current ammonia levels in my area, should I triple it, or is double ok? I'll do the Kanaplex again.. I felt that's what I should have done. He did good with it, when he was in really bad shape. Is that white/clear on the end of his fins new growth? Or is that dying fins? I just am so worried about it getting worse. I'll definitely start Kanaplex and take your advice. Thank you!!