Stocking suggestions for 38gal

KatNor

I'm struggling to figure out how to stock my tank. Here's the parameters and what I have so far:

38 gallon, pH low at about 6, gh is moderate to hard, but it's sometimes tested softer.

Currently stocked with red rili shrimp, amano shrimp, and 9 green neon tetras.

I want a fish that's bigger, that doesn't harass cherry shrimp (eating babies is ok), and that won't eat my plants (had some honey gouramis that ate my plants).

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks.

20220201_115136.jpg

I will have to throw my hat in the ring here and say Harlequin Rasboras. They can be in your pH level. They are beautifully colored when they are happy and well cared for (mine are red/orange/silver/black and sparkly, school very tightly, get pretty big (not as big as honey gourami but they are nothin to sneeze at) and will add very nice contrasting colors to your tank!

Resized_20220205_155255.jpg

• Love 1

On 2/5/2022 at 3:54 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

I will have to throw my hat in the ring here and say Harlequin Rasboras. They can be in your pH level. They are beautifully colored when they are happy and well cared for (mine are red/orange/silver/black and sparkly, school very tightly, get pretty big (not as big as honey gourami but they are nothin to sneeze at) and will add very nice contrasting colors to your tank!

Resized_20220205_155255.jpg

Your rasboras are beautiful! Thanks for the suggestion.

• Thanks 1