Pale betta hasn't eaten in over a week

Mychala

We've had Bandit since December our old betta passed from a large tumor. He's always been active and a big eater but a few weeks ago he stopped eating and became less active. He's pale and continues to get skinnier. I've tried live ghost shrimp doesn't even stir him. I've placed frozen brine in front of him and he takes it but spits it out. We've tried fluval bug bites, dried Daphne, multiple betta pellets etc. Somethings off and I'm not sure what. I thought it was ph. My fluval stratum ran out but that was weeks ago so I decided to put stratum back in slowly to knock it back down but it doesn't seem to have helped. Did it slowly over several days. 

Ph 7.4, gh 300, kh 120, nitrates 25, nitrites 0, ammonia 0. 

Thought maybe he was bloated and a fast would have taken care of that..

Now thinking maybe I should deworm him?any thoughts?

20220205_080842.jpg

Edited by Mychala
  • Confused 1

The dewormer would be a logical option.

I look at it like this: doing nothing isn't working, if the fish hasn't eaten for weeks. I think it's time to do something, and something logical would be a dewormer such as Levamisole (Expel-P) or Flubendazole.

@Colu no flashing , no stringy poop, nothing new added recently. I can't visibly see anything on him other than maybe some tiny hole looking spots on his face that I'm not sure have ever been there. He is fairly new we got him in December and he has been perfectly healthy until now. He is pale and seems to be breathing heavily and won't eat. On Saturday I did start a dose of api general cure and then decided to dose app erythromycin as well to try and cover my bases. Yesterday I did my water change and redosed . He seems to be a bit more active, still pale and breathing heavily and won't eat. Anything else I can do? Any thoughts? This is definitely a pet fish and losing him won't go over well with my 4 yr old so I'm up for trying anything. 

20220208_071742.jpg

Edited by Mychala

What I would do is finish the first course of general cure and do another course in 2 weeks I would Also do a course of kanaplex it's a more broad spectrum antibiotic treatment and is adsorbed thought the skin and gills of fish so it a good antibiotic treatment for when fish aren't eating erythromycin is only effective at treating internal bacterial infections when added to food  @Mychala

• Thanks 1