is this Dropsy?

MaxM

One of my Danios stomach seems to be getting bigger and bigger. I have also noticed that the spine seems to be getting deformed and she's (I believe it's a female) having difficulty swimming. I reviewed some footage I have of my fish from about 4 or 5 months ago and there were no signs of bloating or a deformed spin back then. Does anyone know if this is a case of dropsy?

IMG_20201008_181210.jpg

• Administrators

Could be, unfortunately glofish genetics are kind of weak. I found this was common back when I worked at a store that would sell them. The one picture makes it hard to see if it's dropsy, probably just a bent spine making it look like the belly is distended. 

2 hours ago, Cory said:

Could be, unfortunately glofish genetics are kind of weak. I found this was common back when I worked at a store that would sell them. The one picture makes it hard to see if it's dropsy, probably just a bent spine making it look like the belly is distended. 

First of all, I'm honored that you were the one that responded to me. Thank you. 🙂

I wanted to send a short video, but I discovered that I can't upload that. Tomorrow I'll try to take a better picture of it and upload it. A video I took about 4 months ago showed her to be of normal shaped. The stomach seemed to enlarge within the last month. I thought at first that she was pregnant. Recently in the past three or four days her stomach seems to have gotten larger and the spine out of normal shape. 

Assuming possibility of Dropsy, what should I treat her with?