Playing with supplies

On 2/4/2022 at 7:34 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

I think it could be fun to have a challenge where we only can use stuff we have on hand for a certain size tank and see what everyone comes up with! Great job with this @Khole new fish!

I think that would be wonderful

Just playing around, I would love to do this with a bigger bowl with neons or some cherry Barbs or small tetras.

16440185139733023466408874014551.jpg

• Love 1

On 2/4/2022 at 5:34 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

I think it could be fun to have a challenge where we only can use stuff we have on hand for a certain size tank and see what everyone comes up with! Great job with this @Khole new fish!

I’d be down for this challenge.  I’ve got way too much stuff I’m not using.  Can we start after I’m over COVID?  😂 🤣 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Should we do a standard 10 gallon and am I allowed to include things that are already ordered and on the way?  😆 😉 It’s just my matten foam.

@Odd Duckabsolutely! I have so much to do right now I can't imagine starting something else but this is so appealing!

I think we should create a page on the forum and set up rules then launch it sometime this spring. Thoughts?

And sorry @Khole new fishfor hijacking your thread. Also too fun on the progress on your bowl - I feel like I am in a Tiki lounge when I look at that bowl! As for a bigger bowl, I know a thing or two about that with an 11 g bowl. I think cherry barbs would be too big. I think if I reset the sad bowl I would go with kubotai rasboras, emerald dwarfs and tetra-wise green neons or embers. 

On 2/4/2022 at 5:51 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

Can we wait awhile so I can finish all the projects I have on my plate now?! Hahahaha.

Depends on how long that time frame might be.  I’m only asking for a few COVID days, maybe a little more depending on when my matten comes in, just in case I decide to use that.  😝 Besides, I’ve got a dry start to get to in my 100G, eventual angelfish tank that’s waiting for me to test negative or at least not get shaky after walking around for more than 3 minutes.  🤦🏻‍♀️ 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

And I’m TRYING to consolidate 19 tanks into the Offish and create a proper fish room by rearranging nearly everything in my spare bedrooms.  So far I’m failing at that except for clearing space in the back room, but I’ve got a long ways to go on that *little* project.  Help!  🤣 🤣 🤣 I keep swearing to my husband it will make things easier when I’m done and now I’m set back by at least a couple weeks.

On 2/4/2022 at 10:21 AM, Khole new fish said:

Trying to see what I can do with the things i have 🤣😃🤣😃

IMG_20220204_103427.jpg

It is looking super cute!  How big is it?  Maybe big enough for a single ramshorn snail after it settles a bit, but that’s a lot of wood for a teeny, tiny tank.  Too much wood almost made me give up on my 2 gallon cube.

You’ve definitely started something with the, “Run what ya got” theme.  Why do I suddenly feel like I’m at the drag races?  😆 

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2022 at 8:07 PM, Odd Duck said:

It is looking super cute!  How big is it?  Maybe big enough for a single ramshorn snail after it settles a bit, but that’s a lot of wood for a teeny, tiny tank.  Too much wood almost made me give up on my 2 gallon cube.

You’ve definitely started something with the, “Run what ya got” theme.  Why do I suddenly feel like I’m at the drag races?  😆 

It was not meant for fish it is small I was just wondering if I could scape something, I mean I love my fish tanks but it is very nice to try other things and not disturb what is already done. 

I don't have to many things I am just starting but I see I got everyone fired up this will be fun to see all of your creations. I may even go out and get a bigger bowl and try this but for a couple of new babies, or maybe even I new betta let's see what happens next time jejee.

On 2/4/2022 at 7:54 PM, Khole new fish said:

It was not meant for fish it is small I was just wondering if I could scape something, I mean I love my fish tanks but it is very nice to try other things and not disturb what is already done. 

I don't have to many things I am just starting but I see I got everyone fired up this will be fun to see all of your creations. I may even go out and get a bigger bowl and try this but for a couple of new babies, or maybe even I new betta let's see what happens next time jejee.

Oh, I didn’t think you intended to put fish in it but I’d bet you could put a small ramshorn in to liven it up if you wanted.  Just letting you know I’ve struggled to keep algae under control in my tiniest 2 gallon tank just because I put a proportionately fairly sizable bit of wood in it despite massive overfiltration for its size.  It’s out now and the tank better behaved but I’ve still not quite found the balance.

You really did spark a great idea, though!

Welcome to nermlandia, where a couple of photos can spawn a whole mood, scaping competition optional.🌿🐠🌿

@Khole new fish I'm ORD, and what you did 'playing with what's on hand' is awesome. Agree that it's reminiscent of Señor Frog's in Cancun, or at the Fuego before it closed. Of course, I am always playing with how to have more fun lights in the dark.

On 2/4/2022 at 9:05 PM, Torrey said:

Welcome to nermlandia, where a couple of photos can spawn a whole mood, scaping competition optional.🌿🐠🌿

@Khole new fish I'm ORD, and what you did 'playing with what's on hand' is awesome. Agree that it's reminiscent of Señor Frog's in Cancun, or at the Fuego before it closed. Of course, I am always playing with how to have more fun lights in the dark.

😆 😂 @Torrey So true!  @Khole new fish I bet you weren’t prepared to start a “not a contest” were you?  😆 One never knows the power in your keyboard at any given moment around here.  😃 Keep up the good work!